trying to get started again

A few summer Instagram's - follow me as emmlamb.uk | Emma Lamb

Omg, I don't want to though! It's too nice out there. I just want to play in the sunshine ALL the time! I hadn't planned to be away for so long but since gorgeous summer day after gorgeous summer day just kept arriving in these parts - and they can be so rare some years! - there was nothing else for it, I just had to unplug and go outside. And I unplugged completely! Even my new found love for Instagram was ditched in favour of walking and sun lounging!


Inevitably the post holiday blues have kicked in a little after all that unplugging and I'm totally lacking motivation this week, especially for blogging! I started back to work on Monday and here we are on Friday afternoon when I've only just got my butt into gear to pull these few words and pictures together. Ha! I've got tons of ideas, summer pics and pretty stuff to share but it's always that first post that's the real pain, right!? Not knowing where to start then blog tweaking and procrasto-pinning until it becomes stupidity on stilts...

'Stupidity on stilts' is the best phrase of the week and my new fave along with 'procrasto-pinning' which I just thought up. Probably not original, I haven't checked, but I love it nonetheless! Who else is a total procrasto-pinner!? Ironically if you take the hyphen out and pretend there are two 'p's in there is says 'stop pinning'. Pfft to that!

So yes while procrasto-pinning yesterday I found this pin which jolted me into action. Sadly I couldn't find an original credit for the image so won't share it here - if anyone knows who it belongs to do let me know. Instead I decided to spend the whole of yesterday afternoon faffing in Photoshop with fonts and whatnot to create my own graphic with those inspiring words: 'Don't start later, start right now!'

Don't start later, start right now! | graphic by Emma Lamb, suitable for all your procrastinating habits!

So here I am, starting right now and totally getting my butt into gear! What about all you lovelies, how do you curb you procrasto-pinning ways? Please do share your words of wisdom in the comments, I have an inkling I might need them too ;)

Emma, x


Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Google+ Follow my pins! Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

11 comments :

  1. Welcome back! The great outdoors - especially when it's sunny - is far better than the internet! I'm always trying to push back, my only tip is cold turkey! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, hello :)
      Outdoors beats internet everytime! And what with Bertha arriving this weekend and the whopping lightning bolt that went off not far from my studio window a wee while ago, cold turkey it is!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Good words to live by! With the pinning, it's a constant struggle. lol When I see something I completely love and have to do, I TRY to do exactly what you've posted, start right then! Then try and not surf anymore till it's complete. Glad to see you back posting, and good luck! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Your right Angela, it is a 'constant struggle' but it's great that you can put these words into action! xx

      Delete
  3. Nice to have you back Emma, I wish I could offer you some sage advice but no, sorry, I'm as bad myself!
    Happy weekend, there's always Monday! ;)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vivienne! Haha, let's hope Monday doesn't come around too quickly then, right!?
      I hope you have a fab weekend too :) xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Emma,

    Never mind procratination, I think it can happen to anybody! And I think of it more as day dreaming, which is letting your imagination run free instead of having to focus on a narrow task. That's what I love about creativity, you need to let it loose!

    I'm sure all your time spent enjoying the summer will give you new energy for what is to come!

    Looking forward to your next posts!

    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be/
    (I suddenly got started on my blog, just when it felt right! Maybe you got a minute to check it out? Thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emma, missed you but don't blame you one little bit, sunshine is such a rare commodity in these parts you have to soak it in to make up for the rest of the year :)
    I'm trying to ween myself of the gogglebox so I get more creative stuff done and I've gone an replaced it with another screen but at least bloglovin and pintrest sparks some good ideas, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for taking that first step :)
    I have to admit, I'm jealous of all that unplugged time, I could do with a screen holiday myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha "procasto-pinning", totally me! I love that new word ♥
    Welcome back! I normally don't comment much (blame it on my tiny phone screen) but have been following your blog for YEARS now, so inspiring.
    Enjoy the fabulous summer days still to come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad you're back! i have been procrastinating most of the summer away but was recently motivated to just get back to the sewing-not sure why-maybe something like that quote ?

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Wishing you a fabulous day!
Emma, x