summer in the lakes

Summer in the Lakes - it's all hills, water, drystone walls and super cute sheep! | Emma Lamb

Yup, once you get into the heart of The Lake District that's about all you're going to see - and it couldn't be more perfect! Of course you have to be able to brave driving the piddly little roads you need to travel on to get there - barely wider than regular single lanes but with two way traffic, no white lines to mark your territory and only occasional 'passing places'! It's a wee bit of a shock to the system for city drivers and non-driving city passengers I can tell you!


But my Man did a sterling job getting us to Crummock Water and Buttermere during our wee summer visit. He tailed a local bus on the way there knowing that sticking to it like glue would get us safe passage to where we wanted to be and it did, phew! All we had to do when we got there was hope for a little sunshine, admire the view and dip our toes and wee paws in the water. It turned out to be the most perfect day! Oh and on the way back my Man drove like a Lake District pro, no fear!

Summer in the Lakes | Emma Lamb

Summer in the Lakes | Emma Lamb

Summer in the Lakes | Emma Lamb

Summer in the Lakes | Emma Lamb

Summer in the Lakes | Emma Lamb
Summer in the Lakes | Emma Lamb

Summer in the Lakes | Emma Lamb

Summer in the Lakes | Emma Lamb
Summer in the Lakes | Emma Lamb

Did I mention super cute sheep!? These are possibly the best sheep I think I've ever seen! I so need a yarn in these colours, how amazing would that be!?

Summer in the Lakes | Emma Lamb

Emma

Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

16 comments :

  1. What beautiful place♡ I like so much your photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giorgia! The Lake District is such a beautiful part of the UK, especially in the summer for me :) x

      Delete
  2. Love the raspberry ripple sheep. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes! Raspberry ripple with a hint of liquorice... what a flavour combination! xx

      Delete
  3. I love seeing where you live. It's looks a lot like where I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. This may be the only way I get to see Scotland. Thanks for sharing.
    I love the sheep. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D'Ann,
      This isn't Scotland it's The Lake District, Cumbria in the north west of England. Just as beautiful as Scotland though ;)
      xx

      Delete
  4. I adore sheep. I've just started a Sheep board on Pinterest, I know, strange. In my defense I have just bought my first Ryeland fleece to learn to spin. very exciting.


    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Not weird at all! I'll have to pop over and have a peek :) x

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! This reminds me of the Beatrix Potter movie when she goes to the Lake District :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Chantille,
      Beatrix Potter spent much of her life in the Lake District and owned a lot of farmland there which now belongs to the National Trust. There are lots of Beatrix Potter museums and attractions to visit in the Lake District, you can find out more here - http://www.visitcumbria.com/beatrix-potter/
      xx

      Delete
    2. Oh I'll have to check it out! I plan on making a trip to England one day - if I can get over my fear of long airplane trips :-)
      (I'm in Australia)

      Delete
  6. it looks so peaceful and beautiful! thanks for sharing your photos : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. my favourite place on earth xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a good holiday...I am lucky enough to live in the Lake District not far from Keswick and I agree wholeheartedly with how beautiful it is ;) Lucky enough to have beaches half an hour one way and hills half an hour the other way. Beautiful County :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you. I'm going to visit in October. Hope the weather is as nice, it usually rains when I go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Emma!

    This is the kind of place I like to go, beautiful, simple, a different way of life. Love your photos and your man is very smart 'tailing a local bus' :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Wishing you a fabulous day!
Emma, x