making everyday beautiful : hello June!

Hello blog buddies and happy June! Looking back on the year so far I'm finding myself wondering where it has gone!? The last five months seem to have gone by in the blink of an eye and here we are almost into the summer! Which is great as the summer brings all sorts of wonderful things with it...

making everyday beautiful : hello June! | Emma Lamb
Image credits: 1. ueha nochi, 2. Zoryana Ivchenko, 3. Anna Kurzaeva, 4. NWY69, 5. HeartHandmadeUK

Sunshine, strawberries, blue skies, fields of daisies and summer walks with picnics! Yesterday I tucked into the first punnet of British strawberries of the season. Oh my, they were soooo good! Right now we're considering a gluten free diet in our household (for health reasons) and I'm on the hunt for some great summer recipes, particularly sweet treats to make use of the summer fruits. Frangipane tarts are one of my absolute favourites and are great for just about any fruit you fancy! I found this tartlet recipe over at Torie Jayne, who has a bunch of fab gluten free ideas on her gorgeous blog, and they are the perfect size for picnics. Nom nom!

Remember to join us over at making everyday beautiful and share your gorgeous summer pictures.

Emma

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

8 comments

  1. Votre choix de photographies est tout simplement superbe !!! Your choice of photographs is simply superb!

    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma,

    your summer photos are lovely :) I follow a gluten free diet for health reasons (I have IBS) and Nigella has some great desert recipes on her website, plus this book is brilliant for gluten free deserts:

    Angel Cakes by Julia Thomas

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cake-Angels-Amazing-gluten-wheat/dp/0007439296/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401723074&sr=8-1&keywords=angel+cakes

    Hope this helps and good luck with your gluten free treats :) Safxxx


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saf, that book looks fab! Exactly what I'm looking for to get us started and thanks for the tips about Nigella too :) xx

      Delete
  3. Hello my friend ! Your photos are so evocative of a super nice summer, tasty & colorful ! Thanks for the treat !
    Oh, I'm sorry about the gluten free diet. We've been baking a super yummy cake (not fat free though) that is gluten free, I'll have to share the recipe soon on the blog. Easy, fast, yummy & gluten free ! You have to love ground almond though !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Sonia! There's a lot of grey and rain forecast here this week but Friday is looking like it might be a lovely summers day and these photos are giving me hope :)
      The gluten free diet is going to be an experiment so we're not sure if it will be permanent, but I want to make the change a really positive one nonetheless. From what I can gather using coconut oil in place of butter and spreads for baking sweet treats is a really easy substitute. Maybe I will be able to try that with your recipe? Looking forward to seeing that super yummy cake on your blog!
      xx

      Delete
  4. A very summery collection of photos! Look at that blue sky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it!? Totally missing that here at the moment - getting fed up with the grey! x

      Delete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma