delicious yarn : an exciting new project in the works

delicious yarns : an exciting new project in the works | Emma Lamb

This week the Fedex man has been especially good to me, bringing me boxes choc full of delicious new yarns to play with! So far I've posted a couple of very cryptic pics on Facebook but today I can tell you a little bit more about a hugely exciting project that will be keeping me super busy for the next few days...


delicious yarns : an exciting new project in the works / Luxury Spring Cashmere from Italian yarn company Gomitoli's | Emma Lamb

Remember back in March when I reviewed this gorgeous Spring Cashmere yarn from Gomitoli's? Well since then I have be chatting with the lovely folk in Italy and they have recently commissioned me to create a new crochet design for a limited edition kit to be sold through their website. How exciting is that!? *eeep* So exciting! And so, so exciting to be able to finally share the great news with you! It is so tough to keep a secret like this, especially when surrounded with such gorgeous yarn samples as these!

delicious yarns : an exciting new project in the works / Luxury Spring Cashmere from Italian yarn company Gomitoli's | Emma Lamb
delicious yarns : an exciting new project in the works / Luxury Spring Cashmere from Italian yarn company Gomitoli's | Emma Lamb

I can't tell you exactly what my design is just yet but I can show the gorgeous yarns I will be working with over the next few days. It's more of their delicious Spring Cashmere and I am head over heels for the colours in this range. They are so rich and gorgeous in person and I only hope my pics are conveying how vibrant the are for you?

So if I'm a little quiet around here over the next week (there's a really tight deadline on this project) you know where I will be, right? Since the weather forecast is looking a bit squiffy for the foreseeable, instead of taking my hooks out and about I shall be curled up in front of the TV with a huge pile of films, chocolate and peppermint tea while turning this loveliness into... well something equally lovely I hope! I'll try to share a few more pics as I go, pretty but cryptic pics of course, don't want to spoil the kit launch in a few weeks!

delicious yarns : an exciting new project in the works / Luxury Spring Cashmere from Italian yarn company Gomitoli's | Emma Lamb

Emma

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

7 comments

  1. These really do look like lovely yarns. What a lucky girl you are! Cannot wait to see what you're up to :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely lady! Feeling very lucky indeed right now :) xx

      Delete
  2. Emma, that yarn looks beautiful and from the photographs, I'd guess that it will also be fun to work with. Enjoy beginning that special project.

    Congrats to you on getting the commission and congrats to the yarn company for their brilliant ly choosing you.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Frances! It is an absolute pleasure to work with, not just because of the colours but because of the cashmere and silk in the blend - so much softer than some of the other cottons I work with. Loving it! xx

      Delete
  3. So exciting! I can't wait to know more about the project! The colours look divine indeed.. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It won't be too long until I can share all the details, thankfully! Can't wait to all :) x

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful selection - can't wait to see what you come up with ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma