haiku #3, an Easter special

haiku #3, an Easter special | Emma Lamb

Who's up for a haiku challenge this Easter!? Lovely Anthea over at Spoonful has been inspired by my recent haiku scribblings (here and here) and has chosen haiku poems as the theme for the annual Spoonful Easter competition. As soon as I found out about this years theme I began thinking lots of chocolaty, haiku thoughts. Obviously! I also began to take my haiku musing a little more seriously. Too seriously! I got struck down with haiku writers block and needed inspiration. Much to my dismay double chocolate rations haven't helped thus far!


After hearing the tinkling of bunny bells these last couple of days I figured it wouldn't be long before I spotted on of those timid creatures in all his shiny golden foil glory. And sure enough this morning I was able to catch a quick snap of a beautiful golden bunny before he darted off amongst the bookshelves again! This lovely little chap proved to be the just inspiration I needed for haiku number three summing up my pre-Easter anticipation...

Waiting very patiently at the moment, who knows if I will make it to the weekend!? Bunnies beware! (Probably why they're so timid.)

Oh yes, and there is an absolutely gorgeous prize up for grabs in this competition, this fabulous Victorian Lace Golden Egg print by Collectivity Lane Studio & Design...

Win this Victorian Lace Golden Egg by Collectivity Lane Studio & Design in the annual Spoonful Easter competition

Isn't it gorgeous!? I so want it! I am sure you guys do too!? To be in with a chance dust off your writing caps and start thinking of Easter inspired haikus. Anthea isn't being strict about writing traditional style haikus, but they must be based on the five, seven, five syllable construction. Entries are due by Monday 28th April so you have plenty of time and the whole chocolate filled Easter break to be inspired. Hop on over to Spoonful for all the details and how you go about submitting your entries.

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

No comments

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma