colour crush : Joules Ruby blooms

colour crush : Joules Ruby blooms | Emma Lamb

Talking of fabrics and beautiful prints I am completely head over heels for my new duvet cover and pillowcases from Joules range of floral bedding. They are just so totally me! All those stunning colours - bright red, hot pink, ochre and mustard with teal greens and blue set against a crisp white background. Oh yeah! I've always had a soft spot for their vintage style, splodgy floral prints and this yummyness is from their Ruby Floral collection.


colour crush : Joules Ruby blooms | Emma Lamb

Yesterday was the first day in weeks we've had lovely sunshine and blue skies over Edinburgh and although I purposefully picked a double duvet cover to use over the summer months I couldn't wait to see how this beauty would look in the sunshine. So yesterday morning while it was bright and beautiful and the sun was streaming through the window I popped it on the bed and stood back to admire these beautiful blooms in all their glory! I can't wait to be waking up to these on bright sunny Sunday mornings, having breakfast in bed and crocheting a couple of hours away amongst this loveliness. The colours are so uplifting and I can't help but smile when I see them. Sheets that totally make me happy!

colour crush : Joules Ruby blooms | Emma Lamb

And do you know what else I am most chuffed about!? How well my little Yvonne cushion cover matches, the colours are almost identical! You'd be forgiven for thinking that I had just crocheted her to match these sheets even though she came of my hook nearly three years ago and the yarns I used were a thifty find, colours that were discontinued ten years ago! Definitely a timeless colour combination for me.

colour crush : Joules Ruby blooms | Emma Lamb
colour crush : Joules Ruby blooms | Emma Lamb

Can't say my wee man is quite so chuffed about the new sheets as I am though. Ain't no way he's getting on the bed with these beauties, don't care how pleading those big brown eyes are. So not happening! It'll happen.

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

17 comments

  1. if only i could get this bedding in the states! it's absolutely beautiful and i love the way you've styled the room!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful....utterly beautiful! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's fabulous - I'm very partial to a Joules floral print - wish they would do more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room is Gorgeous Emma! That is wonderful color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cheery! Who couldn't be happy with that site! Even more special that your cushion matches. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Emma!! I need those covers they shout sunshine. I still think it;s the cutest thing that you've name a cushion after me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love them Yvonne! The cotton is so soft too - can't wait to be using them properly :)
      You know, my Yvonne is still the only cushion cover I've made for myself! I keep thinking I should make an Yvonne #2 after your lovely take on African flowers. So pretty!
      xx

      Delete
  7. Major jealous crush from fife! I've had my eye on joules bed linen for a while now but the pennies won't stretch that far. Even more on my 'must have' list after seeing how good they look on your bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can Mandy, treat yourself to a couple of the pillowcases (they're 20% off just now if that helps!?) they would look fab next to white or light coloured bedding if you have it? There are so many colours in the Ruby floral print that you could easily match it up with pink, blue, green and yellow for a mini flowery statement :) xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the tip Emma, my bedding is lovely crisp white so they will match perfectly and the colours will go well with the decor. I LoVE crisp cleaning bedding....if I was rich I would pay someone to change my bedding every day....there's nothing nicer than slipping into a freshly made bed....ahhhh...heavenly sweet dreams.....I hear my bed calling ;)

      Delete
    3. I know what you mean - crisp clean sheets and freshly shaven legs - perfect! Haha! ;)

      Delete
  8. I have been going through your blog and just wanted to say that I really like it! http://finestprocrastination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful Emma !! What a lovely room xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicky! It is my favourite place in the house in the spring and summer months :) x

      Delete
  10. Loving the makeover Emma... certainly putting a spring in my step :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma