good reads : spring Gatherings, inspired by artists + artisans

The new issue of Gatherings Magazine is out this week and it is truly a spring feast for the eyes! As ever there's lots of inspiration for craft, colour, food and family for the coming season but this issue is specially dedicated to 'artists + artisans' with each contributor sharing a few words honouring the artist who inspired their article.

Gatherings Magazine, Spring 2014 inspired by artists + artisans | Emma Lamb

Of course the first thing I know you'll be wondering about (because it was the first thing I was wondering about too!) is the stunning cover shoot by Christina Colli in all of it's magenta and radiant orchid beauty! The first craft feature in this issue tells you how to make those gorgeous little faux ceramic butterflies and flowers and it is so simple, inexpensive and effective you wouldn't believe it! I can tell you that it would make the best Easter holiday project for the kids and offers endless possibilities for boys and girls, even us grown ups too - I so want to try this!


My most favourite article from this issue has to be the mother and daughter feature 'A Beloved Tradition' on page 38 featuring Eve Peach and her two daughters taking afternoon tea. The gorgeous styling is by Gatherings founder Heather Spriggs Thompson and photography by Amber Beckham. I adore the colour palette she picked out for it - from mint and delicate pinks to intense chartreuse, emerald and those radiant orchid tones again. You can see a wee snippet top and bottom right in the pic below, bottom left too. So pretty!

Gatherings Magazine, Spring 2014 inspired by artists + artisans | Emma Lamb

Of course there's so much more to see too, above is just a snippet of the loveliness within the covers of this issue which includes - book reviews of Decorate With Flowers and Selina Lake's Outdoor Living, 'Inspired by Color' recipes, home tours, floral styling and mood board ideas, a touch of romance with a Paris inspired fashion shoot and a local business feature with Crepes Paulette, not to mention neon pastel Easter egg decorating and up-cycled handmade envelope inspiration. Phew, so much eye candy!

And as a special spring treat Gatherings is offering 10% off all orders in their shop including print and digital issues as well as year long subscriptions! Just enter the code BLOGFRIEND at checkout. Happy spring reading!

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

1 comment

  1. Thank you Emma for your kindness and support. Im blushing from your sweet praise. This issue was beloved and is one of my personal favorites. We appreciate you sharing here! Love all you do! And to hear you liked the color theme is such a delight since you are truly a color guru!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma