colour crush : Chanel's paint palette

colour crush : Chanel, spring 2014 rtw | Emma Lamb

I'm feeling totally inspired by this gorgeous paint palette style print from Chanel's Spring-Summer 2014, ready-to-wear collection. Isn't it amazing!? A rainbow of colours straight off a paint brush, just like those little carefree doodles we do in our sketchbooks when testing colours. Those little doodles are mini works of art in themselves and this print is such a beautiful way to celebrate the idea of creative expression. This abstract design actually comes from an antique 1900s paint chart making those brush marks over 100 years old! I wonder if the paint swatches in the original chart are as vibrant and candy coloured as this print?

I love how Lagerfeld has put it to work in these designs and on different fabric qualities. It looks so ethereal on the billowy gauzy fabrics yet so dramatic on the opaque, like a child has been let loose with their crayon box! The play on the abstract theme by manipulating the fabrics with crimps, pleats and ruffles is just gorgeous! It's a total riot of colour but done so elegantly and effortlessly. It makes me want to play with paint...

colour crush : Chanel, spring 2014 rtw | Emma Lamb
colour crush : Chanel, spring 2014 rtw | Emma Lamb
colour crush : Chanel, spring 2014 rtw | Emma Lamb
All images: Chanel

Emma, x

4 comments :

  1. Hi Emma,
    Lovely colours, nice inspiration.. I have been following your blogs and your products on etsy. Actually your blogs and products inspired me to sell on etsy!! Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay what a cool chanel colorscheme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it! They always do something special when they step out of the comfort zone of their signature palette. x

      Delete
  3. I love Chanel so much, such gorgeous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Wishing you a fabulous day!
Emma, x