snippets

snippets : spring flowers | Emma Lamb

Hi guys, sorry for the bloggy silence these last few days. I've not been feeling 100% and one of the big promises I've made to myself for 2014 is to go easy on myself and really listen to the needs of my mind and body.


In practical terms it simply means that when I'm not feeling great I'll be prioritising restful things like leisurely walks with the wee man, crochet or knitting and making sure I eat well with lots of fresh and healthy food. (Winter is soup season and I love soup season!) I'll also be going easy on myself and not agonising over blog posts and the like (if I have pretty, exciting or colourful stuff to share it will be just as pretty, exciting and colourful tomorrow or the next day, or even the next after that!), so if I drop offline for a few days it's just me being totally selfish with my time ;)

So these last few days I've been selfishly smelling the flowers, starting a new blanket for the wee man, flipping through the pages of my new Pompoms, swooning over delicious hand dyed yarns, hanging out at Ravelry finding new friends and projects to love as well as getting to know this utterly gorgeous linen yarn!

snippets : ^^^^^ & linen | Emma Lamb
snippets : linen & Pompoms | Emma Lamb
snippets : remains of the day | Emma Lamb

Oh it feels so good to be selfish... I could really get used to this!
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

6 comments

  1. I hope you are feeling better Emma. I've been making lots of homemade soups, trying to be healthy too. Don't worry about taking time for yourself, I think we all need time offline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very wise words - "you" or "me" time is sooo important. I'm trying to reduce my online time too - my motto for this year is "create more, consume less" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, those triangles you're knitting are beautiful! Also, I hope you feel better soon. Soup is definitely a good idea. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is the linen yarn working out? Hope you're feeling well soon and enjoying your soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing the right thing! Will always enjoy the prettiness of your blog but your health is more important! Take it easy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors :)
    Kiss
    dora
    www.ziripiti.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma