hello 2014!

Hello 2014! | Emma Lamb

Hello my blog buddies and happy New Year to you all!

How are you? How were your holidays? Did you gorge yourselves silly on mountains of chocolate as I did!? I hope I am not the only one who can devour Lindt dark chocolate balls at an alarming rate!? Besides the chocolate I spent a quiet, internet free two weeks resting and allowing some of the stress of 2013 to melt away. As lovely as it was, it wasn't quite enough to be able sidestep yet another flu bug last week (I'm not having much luck with the winter bugs this year!) hence the late start to my 2014 blogging.


Ah well, the new year is always a time for optimism and possibility and I'm keeping both of those in mind when I ponder what could lie ahead this year. Already there some fun things lined up including the launch of a new book I will be featured in, which I so can't wait to see! And this week I'll be finishing up a couple of projects for some lovely magazines, you will hear all about them just as soon as I am able to tell you. Talking of magazine projects I shall have something along those lines to share with you tomorrow, a wee project I finished just before the holidays.

Until then this is a wee peek into my studio - a tidy desk and tidy shelves, a spot of list writing and a sneaky peek at some colours that are inspiring me today...

A tidy space to work and plan the fun for 2014! | Emma Lamb
Today these colours make me happy! | Emma Lamb

Happy New Year everyone!

Emma, x

ps - I forgot to mention that I shall be moderating all comments on my posts from now on because of way too much spammy-spam! So not to worry if things don't show up right away :)

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

14 comments

  1. your studio looks great!
    happy new year : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea and happy new year to you too! xx

      Delete
  2. Hello and Happy New Year!

    I'm loving the orange yarn. I'm seeing lots of orange recently - just the thing to brighten up a Scottish winter.

    Take care
    Prim xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Prim and a very happy new year to you too!
      You're right orange is so uplifting at this time of year, a good sunshine colour when it's so grey out.
      Emma, x

      Delete
  3. Buon 2014 anche a te cara Emma! Ti auguro che tutti i tuoi progetti immediati e futuri, possano realizzarsi! Non vedo l'ora di vedere tutte le novità di cui ci hai anticipato...sono curiosissima :D
    Bellissimi questi scorci del tuo studio!
    A presto.
    Emanuela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emanuela and all the very best to you for 2014 too! xx

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year dear friend, and here's to a healthier, germ free year ahead ! That's some colorful photos you've shared here ! Enough to blow the winter greys away ! Wishing you a beautiful day & week, sweetie. Big hugs to you & wee man from Pitou & me ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear friend, I am doing all that I can to be healthy again. The main thing being about removing the stress from my days and being very conscious about listening to my body's needs to ensure I get plenty of rest so I can get back to my old self soon.
      Sending you lots of wonderful New Year wishes too and hoping that the sun will shine on you today :)
      Huge hugs from the wee man and me! xxx

      Delete
  5. It always makes me happy to see a new post on your blog. I wish you, have a wonderful, healthy and full of inspirations year...
    I'm looking forward to see your projects...
    Loves...
    Ayda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Ayda and I wish you lots of beauty and inspiration to make 2014 a wonderful year for you too! I am very much looking forward to following all your gorgeous creations, you are a star! xx

      Delete
  6. Two weeks away from the internet sounds like bliss. I'm trying to 'internet less' this year - so far so good. Looking forward to seeing your new projects, and I always loving seeing inside your beautiful home! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Natasha!
      Yes it was bliss! I'm thinking the same as you too for 'internetting less' and am going to give myself one day a week completely offline. It's good for a peaceful mind :)
      Looking forward to seeing all your creative goodness this year too, especially over at 'making everyday beautiful' and getting a regular peek of your gorgeous home!
      xx

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year! I've been writing lots of lists too, making plans for the months ahead and thinking about new spring collections.
    I hope you feeling better. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Victoria!
      I am feeling so much better, thank you! It feels good to be getting back to work again and making a start on some of those creative plans from my lists :)
      I'm looking forward to seeing your wonderful creativity this year too!
      xx

      Delete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma