crochet pinning : happy colours!

Happy Friday everyone! Today I have spent much of my day working with some very happy colours, but since I can't share them with you just now I thought I would find some around internet land and tell you about an epic project I've been asked to do instead.

Some of you may have heard of 'Teachers on Pinterest', a collection of Pinterest boards devoted to all things education where teachers from around the world could come together in a supportive community to share ideas, support and inspire each other. The project was such a huge success that Pinterest have started another UK based community called 'Makers on Pinterest' to create a hub for all things diy and craft, everything from seasonal holiday crafts to more specific techniques such as screen printing, knitting, quilting and you guessed it - Crochet!

The super fantabulous exciting news is that I have been invited to manage the Crochet board and oversee it's curation... *eep*

crochet pinning : happy colours! / Favourite picks from the Makers on Pinterest 'Crochet' board managed by Emma Lamb
1. { PIN } Dashing Doilies from Debbie Bliss Crochet Living | Laughing Hens
2. { PIN } granny square crochet blanket | Zakka Art
3. { PIN } Häkelfieber | Tabula Rosi
4. { PIN } Open Weave Pink Patchwork | Milly + Eugene
5. { PIN } vintage fan ripple blanket wip | A Creative Being

Omg, omg, omg! OMG! I can't tell you guys how thrilled I am to have this new job! To say I was giddy when Pinterest first asked my is a huge understatement! Actually I was a wee bit sceptical at first since it was one of those things that seemed too good to be true you know? It's not everyday Pinterest comes along and asks you to do this kind of thing, is it!?

I have only just begun to add pins to this board but I have big plans for it's development as part of our creative community. My hope is that it will be a place to support and showcase great crochet designers, provide inspiration for crocheters of all levels and be a source book of links for all things crochet related, everything from designs to tutorials and beautiful yarns. This will be an undertaking of gargantuan proportions I know so I don't plan to do it all on my own, no way! Over the coming months I will be looking to invite some wonderful fellow crochet obsessives enthusiasts to join me and together I hope we can share lots of beautiful crochet with you all!

So yes, today marks the start of a new coloumn on my blog called 'crochet pinning' where I will share some of my top picks from the Crochet board with you. Of course I will include direct links to each of the pins so you can go off and explore a wee bit of crochet loveliness for yourselves over a large pot of tea. You will definitely need a large pot of tea and probably some chocolate too, maybe even cake or some biscuits! Because you know once you jump down that rabbit hole, it goes on forever...

Wishing you all happy colours for the weekend,
Emma, x

15 comments:

  1. It's a wonderfull new and I am very happy for you!
    You will be a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i linked right over there and followed the board. you are so inspiring.
    I have a huge huge crochet board on my pinterest as well if you would like to take a look it is at http://www.pinterest.com/teresamelanie/crochet/.

    there are some knitting pins and color inspiration pins locked in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the amazing position. I think you're a great choice for this board!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They couldn't have picked a better curator for it! Congratulations xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so exciting Emma you really are a crochet guru! You're going to turn the world into a comfy crochet colourful place! Wonderful. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what amazing news! Can't wait to see what you're going to pin :) Have a wonderful weekend :) San x

    ReplyDelete
  7. directly going to your board :) good news :) congarts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's fantastic, congratulations! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Emma. You're perfect for the job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who else but you! Congratulations Emma! I love the board!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to you, Emma. You are most likely the talented person who will finally get me interested in Pinterest. (I have so far resisted its siren call.)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulazioni Emma per questo bellissimo progetto. Ne sarai sicuramente all'altezza e Pinterest non poteva trovare insegnante migliore di te! Ti seguirò con immenso piacere anche perché questo progetto mi sta particolarmente a cuore perché il crochet è una delle mie più grandi passioni. Ti faccio tanti tanti auguri.
    Emanuela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Emma! Quite an honor. I look forward to following the board

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my wee blog!

I'd love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Thank you and have a fabulous day,
Emma, x