colour crush : Rifle Paper Co's blooming marvellous lookbook!

colour crush : Rifle Paper Co's blooming marvellous lookbook!, colour palette curated by Emma Lamb

Is it just me or does Anna Bond over at Rifle Paper Co. create absolute perfection with her paintbrushes!? Her hand painted blooms have become instantly recognisable and almost iconic over the last few years. I have always admired them, not just because of their lovely vintage vibe but because of Anna's amazing sense of colour. Just like her brush strokes her colours are playful yet bold with even her palest colours having that intense crayon quality about them. So beautiful!


The latest piece of magic to come out of the Rifle Paper Co. studios is their stunning new lookbook. I haven't been lucky enough to see it in full, like many I've only just seen the tantalising snippets they've shared on their website and Facebook pages, but oh my I could not resist sharing my two colourful favourites here. Anna teamed up with floral stylist Amy Merrick and photographer Alpha Smoot to create some of the most beautiful product styling I've seen in a wee while. They are the kind of images that render you almost speechless; inspire you in ways you can only hope to be inspired and gift you with an ache in the pit of your creative soul. Do you know what I mean!?

colour crush : Rifle Paper Co's blooming marvellous lookbook!, colour palette curated by Emma Lamb
All images: Rifle Paper Co. // Art direction by Anna Bond, floral styling by Amy Merrick and photography by Alpha Smoot.

As I said these two pages are my absolute favourites! I love how they've combined cut outs of Anna's painted motifs with Amy's real blooms, they sit beside each other so perfectly to create the prettiest 2d / 3d floral display ever! These images are pieces of art in themselves, as I am sure the rest of the lookbook will be too, and I would happily hang the 'stop and smell the roses' photograph above on my studio wall. But until these lovely ladies decide to release these images as prints (surely it is only a matter of time!?) I am contenting myself with their Secret Garden Calendar (bought in the UK from Papermash).

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

No comments

Post a Comment

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma