colour crush : Boden's seasonal styling

Autumn styling at Boden | Emma Lamb
Autumn styling at Boden | Emma Lamb

Lately I've been loving the wee Boden catalogues that have been dropping through my letterbox. The styling for some of their autumn and winter collections is just so pretty and full of gorgeous colour inspiration.


For part of their autumn collection they've used a fabulous old English country house with it's colourful and eclectic decor to complement the intense jewel tones of their clothes. How gorgeous are those painted lamp stands with vintage shades!? And the bold turquoise painted woodwork makes me think of Farrow & Ball's Arsenic colour. Love it! I feel so tempted to paint my studio door in this colour as it seems so full of energy. I think that's why I'm drawn to these shots, the colour in them is just so energetic and upbeat.

Some of their winter styling on the other hand is a complete contrast, much cooler and calmer. Apart from a few pops of on trend brights - jade green and a wee hint of shocking pink - this palette is much more neutral as you would expect for winter. The colours I've picked out are by no means cold though, they are warm winter neutrals. Warm creams and greys with a hint of peach and sludgy olive green (I love this coat too), along with the touch of indigo they contrast so well with the pop colours of jade and pink making them zing. I feel really inspired by this combination right now.

Winter styling at Boden | Emma Lamb
Winter styling at Boden | Emma Lamb
All Images: Boden

Which do you prefer, the warm winter neutrals or the eclectic autumn brights? I know I like to wear those autumn colours but much prefer to surround myself with the neutrals.

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

5 comments

  1. I'm definitely a brights person! I love all those tones - the catalogues are so beautiful. I'm liking the idea of a bit of a colour pop with a door - all our internal doors need repainting, I was going to stick with white, but I'm v tempted to try turquoise or another bright now...hmmm...thanks for the idea! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, brights are definitely your colours Zoë! With your love for colour I'm surprised you don't already have a few colourful doors!? Let me know what you decide :)

      I'm torn with the colourful door idea the more I think about it. We have such a small flat and all the doors are off one internal hallway (8 doors and no natural light) and I'm thinking so much colour in such a small space might be too much for me? So I'm wondering if painting the hall side of the doors white and the room side in a bright colour would work!? I always say I'll paint my wood furniture in brighter colours but always plumb for bright white instead, so maybe the door is the way to go!? Decisions, decisions!

      xx

      Delete
  2. I always love it when a new Boden catalog arrives in the post, so inspiring. The colors are just gorgeous. I love the brights but prefer to wear & decorate more on the neutral side, maybe with seasonal pops of colors thrown in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to the bright autumn shades! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all and I love it when the mini catalogues arrive. I go through each page turning down the corners of the pages where there is something i like. Next I go through the ones I've chosen until in the end I've whittled it down to what I want to buy

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma