making everyday beautiful : rustic autumn

making everyday beautiful : rustic autumn
Image credits: 1. namolio, 2. acrockandasoftplace, 3. Sweetnellie, 4. NWY69, 5. sonja-ksu, 6. itchinstitchin

The autumn rains are in full swing here in Edinburgh at the moment. There's that blanket of grey over head and it has dropped to two pairs of socks kind of temperatures, at least for me and my notoriously chilly toes! Almost time for indoor scarves too, anything to keep the winter bugs away. Thankfully this grotty cold/flu bug I've had for the last week seems to be finally on it's way out. It's been a doozie and if I ever have anything like this again it will be way too soon!

Anyhow, on days like this when the grey is relentless there's nothing for it but to get cosy indoors with lots of crafty projects and maybe whip up one or two tasty treats (today's inspiration for my 'making everyday beautiful' picks). Or in my case, raid the biscuit tin that was freshly filled with some of my favourite handmade biscuits from one of our weekend visitors. I used to be all about their shortbread but right now I've got a sweet tooth for the handmade ginger snaps with a hot cup of tea. Delicious!

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

5 comments

  1. Notoriously chilly toes ! Ah, you made me laugh outloud my friend !! LOL Sorry your sweet little toes are getting so cold already ! I hope you'll manage to keep them toasty !
    Sorry for the bugs of last week, I don't know how I missed the fact you were ill ! Thank goodness you're feeling better now !
    Sending you warm hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better! I too have been eating too many biscuits today...I love the look of that cake. Yum x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful autumn colours Emma, cold toes, not good I've already had the bedsocks on and that's in the South! Oooo is it going to be a chilly winter. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colors! I find Namoloio so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Autumn inspiration and color!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma