good reads : 91 Magazine

Warming pinks colour story sprinkled through the pages of the autumn/winter 2013 issue of 91 Magazine | Emma Lamb

Have you flipped through the pages of the new autumn / winter issue of 91 Magazine yet? It is very, very pretty! I'm always excited to see what gorgeous content Caroline will pull together with each new issue, she has such a unique way of curating beautiful seasonal loveliness that doesn't follow the rules. You know - autumn equals pumpkins, leaves and woolly socks! Instead she seems to pick her way through her favourite styling and diy trends and searches out the most effortlessly pretty homes to feature.




In this new autumn / winter issue there are three very lovely colour stories sprinkled through it's pages - warming pinks, natural greens (such a huge trend right now) and industrial blues. See, not a pumpkin in sight! No, the recipe for butternut squash doesn't count, since it's a squash. Ha!

I think these natural greens are my favourite and I loved peeking inside the soothingly pretty home of Sarah Krug (p.62). She has used the most serene shades of pistachio and pastel shades of sage mixed with lots of white and natural wood to create a gentle Scandinavian feel. Just looking through these images feels like a breath of fresh air, very inspiring! I'm also loving the 'Elements of the Earth' diy styling feature (p.74) by Michelle Young and Tiffany Grant-Riley. Lots of simple and really sweet ideas for styling a fresh autumn inspired table using cherry branches and copper accents - another huge trend right now!

Natural greens colour story sprinkled through the pages of the autumn/winter 2013 issue of 91 Magazine | Emma Lamb
All images: 91 Magazine

There's so much more to see too including a lovely interview with Ninainvorm, some cute ideas for pom poms, some very yummy looking soup recipes that I need to try and then some. I think this magazine might just be my favourite of the season, I love it Caroline! Huge Congratulations!

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

6 comments

  1. Thank you for these colorful images!
    Your blog is sweet and wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Emma, I LOVE this post! love how you've picked up on the colour themes, and your words are so lovely, and you're right I do try to break the traditional magazine format of 'oh its Autumn, lets make everything orange and green!' thank you SO much for sharing x

    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased you do break from the usual formats Caroline, because when you do the results are inspirational! The colour in this issue was the first thing I noticed because isn't 'that' orange and green combo. It's much more pretty and fresh and wonderful and that's why I love it :)
      Keep up the amazing work my dear! xxx

      Delete
  3. These are lovely rooms! I'm excited to check out the rest of the magazine...love Patchwork Harmony :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colour-ways - love how you've put this together - I'm itching to have a read now! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma