studio details : hello October!

My fabulous new Eames DSR chair at my studio desk, the perfect place for some serious making! | Emma Lamb

These last few days I've been doing a wee bit of seasonal studio shuffling, but unlike previous years this time I haven't shuffled much of my furniture. In fact the only change has been to swap out one of my red dining chairs for the spiffy new Eames DSR I've been wishing so long for.


I went for the classic bright white version and with it's shiny chrome legs it perfectly compliments the revamp I gave my studio in the spring - bright white walls and a gorgeous pale glossy grey floor. OMG, I love my Glossy grey floor! Right now the whiteness and lightness of my little room is totally coming into it's own. Even on the dreariest of dreary days (much like today!) my wee studio is a haven of uplifting brightness for me to escape to and is sure to keep me feeling extra cheerful over the coming months of darkness. I am so looking forward to being cosied up in here on chilly winter days with nothing but my crochet hooks, yarn and wee Spanner to keep me company. Bliss!

studio details : hello October! | Emma Lamb

Talking of yarn, I am totally obsessed with arranging it into pretty rainbows at the moment. Who doesn't love a rainbow!? It seems to be giving me a whole new appreciation for bright yellows because no matter how hard I try a rainbow is just not a rainbow without yellow! It's even got me toying with the idea of adding this sunny Yellow Tulip Shelf to my studio to store a few magazines and whatnot. It's just so damn cute, I don't know if I'll be able to resist it's charm despite it's yellowy-ness!

studio details : hello October! | Emma Lamb

Oh, and happy October everyone!

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

20 comments

  1. Oh my good god Emma, your studio is amazing!! Put's mine totally to shame, you've inspired me to sort it out! Beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet lady! There's a lot of hard work gone into that wee room but don't be fooled by it's apparent tidiness, there's four big bags of crap out in the hall behind that closed door! ;) xx

      Delete
  2. Your studio is truely a lovely space, and I bet a joy to work in.you lucky girl x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my little sanctuary of yarny delight! x

      Delete
  3. You have created such a cheerful, luminous & colorful universe ! I hope one day I'll have the luck to visit it !
    oxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Sonia, I do need to live in the light and even more so at this time of the year. Absolutely! Anytime you feel like a wee visit to Edinburgh Spanner and I would love to meet you in person :) xx

      Delete
  4. Emma, these photos show your studio to be a place that will encourage your future creativity. That glossy grey floor is indeed an important ingredient. All the white surroundings also give your own color sense lots of space in which to grow.

    I do have a question. Knowing that natural daylight is growing shorter with each sunrise, I do wonder what sort of electric lighting you use to keep your studio space so wonderfully lit.

    Whatever it is, it is doing a fabulous job. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances! I think that is what I love most of all about my wee studio as it is now, it is the perfect backdrop for me to play with colour :)

      I took these photos in diffused natural light than went to work with my photo editor to get them looking as they should, but when I do need lights on I use energy savers. For my ceiling light I use a large decorative globe bulb with white opaque glass that gives off a lovely warm and bright white light - it' take two minutes to warm up but it's worth it. Then I have an energy saver daylight bulb in my desk lamp which gives off a lovely clean white light and that's it :)

      xx

      Delete
  5. Love all of the beautiful balls of color !!
    Very inspiring. ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose! Sometimes I think I have more fun winding and arranging my balls of colour instead of crocheting with them ;) x

      Delete
  6. Your Space is so beautiful coloured Emma, and you should see mine before you say it is small. I wish I could come and crochet together and when it's getting too dark you are most welcome to come and visit my studio here in Israel. Unfortunately our winter is like your early spring and I wish we had a little more winter during the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous, light,bright, and colorful space! I would never leave...
    One of my goals this winter is to learn to crochet. Indeed to find a good book or videos with east to follow tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness - your studio is sooo gorgeous! What a beautiful, happy, stunning space! I'd never want to leave. I love everything. And you've inspired me to get going on painting our living room floor white - I've been wanting to rip the grotty carpet out for years! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emma your new studio is truly wonderful, it has made me very happy looking at all your beautiful yarn and pretty objects! I love the white walls as there a great backdrop for all the colours and make them 'pop' together with the light grey floor and beautiful wood, its stunning! I hope I can make a studio that lovely one day, I can dream! Hope your crochet is going well, Safxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your studio is simply gorgeous Emma a perfect spot to create beautifulness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Emma for your good taste, I like all of your study ... every detail ... every detail! Your works fascinate me and fascinate me ... I love the hook, then see your studio and the wonders you create, is like stepping into a little corner of paradise!
    good Sunday
    Emanuela
    P.S. I'm sorry, I do not speak English I used google to translate, so forgive me if there are any misunderstandings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your studio looks so amazing! You are so lucky to have one. Right now I am stuck with the top of my husband's dresser in our room and a bag I carry downstairs to work in a chair when the kids are home. One day... one day I will have a studio of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gasp! It's so beautiful Emma! I dream of having a little space to call my own. One day! And this shall be my inspiration. Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma