good reads : Heart Home magazine, autumn 2013

Paper.String.Cloth. - one of my favourite articles from Heart Home magazine, autumn 2013 | Emma Lamb
Images: Paul Craig (cover) and Joanna Henderson for Heart Home magazine

Is it just me or are there tons of great magazines out this season!? I'm having a hard time keeping up with them all and finding the time to flick through all their lovely pages of beautiful inspiration. But this morning during a wee tea break I found a few minutes to do just that and have been virtually thumbing through the pages of the new Heart Home magazine.


In this autumn issue they've gone for a rustic retro woodland theme and there are two articles I'm particularly loving. The first is Paper.String.Cloth. (above) which is a beautifully styled inspiration shoot using linens, twine and old book pages to create some simple projects for adding a touch of rustic charm to your autumn decor. I love the star especially and with a wee bit more colour I would love to do something like this for the festive season - a few well placed panel pins in my wall and then go crazy with some yarn from my stash! Oh, and the second article I'm loving is a wee peek into the beautiful mid-century Scandinavian styled home of Roddy & Ginger designer Victoria Armstrong (below). Isn't it gorgeous!? I love the simple palette of warm teak, orange, white, grey and mustard - exactly the kind of space you imagine Victoria living in when you see her artwork.

 - one of my favourite articles from Heart Home magazine, autumn 2013 | Emma Lamb
Images: Andrew Boyd for Heart Home magazine

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

2 comments

  1. This magazine is lovely. I have just cancelled a couple of magazine subscriptions as I felt that their content was getting a little repetitive. This looks like it could be a good replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for such a lovely write up Emma. So glad you like it.
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma