colour palette : coastal jewels

Happy Friday everyone! How are you all? I know for many of you this was the first week back to your usual routine after the long summer holidays. Did you survive or are you ready for another break!? It's been six weeks since my summer break, feels like so long ago now! And I'm definitely ready for a few days of downtime, so things might be a wee bit quieter around here than usual next week but I do have one or two lovely things lined up to share with you all. Anyhow before any of that I have these entirely self indulgent colour palettes to share, aren't these gorgeous!?

colour palette : coastal jewels // Vintage Rainbow Collection of small sea glass gems by 6d Designs on Etsy // all images Endlesshue for 6d Designs, palette curated by Emma Lamb

Of course you know how much I love my beach treasures, not only are they such an endless source of inspiration but it is the hunt that I love too. The wonderfully mind freeing process of scanning over the pebbled beach to find them while breathing in lung-fulls of fresh sea air and listening to the waves gently crashing on the sand. It's an entirely meditative experience.


These stunning coastal jewels are from 6d Designs, my Mam & Dad's sea glass supply shop, and every single piece was found on the beaches in the North East coast of England. The variety and vibrancy of the colours is just astonishing, especially when you consider that these pieces are over 100 years old! Glass manufacture was a huge business along this coastline in the early 1900s and the less 'touristy' beaches were used as dumping grounds for waste. So at the end of every working day all the waste and unused glass, colour tests and flawed pieces were dropped over the cliffs onto the beach for the sea to claim. Over the last 100 years the tide has naturally tumbled these lumps of waste and turned them into these fabulous jewels! Isn't that just amazing!?

colour palette : coastal jewels // all images Endlesshue for 6d Designs, palette curated by Emma Lamb
All images: Endlesshue for 6d Designs

As well as the Vintage Rainbow Collection pictures first I am completely smitten with these teal tinged grey glass pieces. Such a beautiful colour that looks great next to those rich orange tones and the more familiar sea greens and aqua blues. Not to mention that intense pop of cobalt, one of the rarer colours to find. Both of these vintage inspired palettes are perfect for the upcoming autumn and already I can feel myself honing in on small sections of each of them, this one in particular!

Oh, and I haven't even mentioned the multis! If you love these solid coloured glass pieces I know you will be head over heels for the multis! Stunning wee pieces of glass with bands and layers of secret colour, every way you turn them they look completely different and every single one is entirely unique. Take a peek at this pretty pastel collection for a closer look.

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

10 comments

  1. Wow - just discovered your blog! These are stunning and I can't believe they were all found on English beaches!! It makes me want to go out and re-do some scouring. I've only ever found clear, green or blue on my walks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of the second collection - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sea glass, I collect on my beach and have hundreds of friends around the world who also collect.Your parents' shop was a favourite of mine already, I just didn't know that you are their daughter!So great!It's a small world!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so gorgeous. I want a giant bowl of the brightly colored ones on my desk, just so I can run them through my fingers (or is it run my fingers through them?). I can almost feel them now. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love sea glass! I'm partial to the second collection especially because these are colors I'm using in some projects of late. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seaglass... lovely colours of seaglass you seem to have found. All we find are dark green ones hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what beautiful photos! and i'd be SO excited to hunt for gems like that on the beach. i could see myself searching for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Emma
    I received my "Crochet Today" magazine today. I was thrilled to discover you have a crocheting blog.

    My kitty Madi and I are bloggers too
    http://downhomeinnc.blogspot.com
    the title of our blog is Madi and Mom
    There is a huge community of animal bloggers,in the USA and UK. Madi is currently Mayor of Blogville. I 100% agree with you about being positive. Getting into Madi's head while preparing a post is a great stress reliever. My blog satisfies my love a writing and photography. I also enjoy crocheting scarves that I donate to auctions raising money for various animal causes.
    I am now a follower.
    Sincerely Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed this bit of history and family story combined with those radiant colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dearest Rachel, I'm thrilled you enjoyed my post today :) xx

      Delete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma