colour palette : autumn flowers

colour palette : autumn flowers | Emma Lamb
Image credits, clockwise from top left: 1. #NEWSERIE - Jose Romussi via Cargo Collective, 2. Betsy Ann B Lantana from the Liberty Art Fabrics collection, 3. Jennifer Sando via Style Me Pretty, 4. Sophie Digard via Lili et Nene

Is it just me, or has this week whizzed by!? The days seem to have been rolled into one big mass of creative thoughts that have me feeling giddy at the possibility of it all! There have been many an epiphany this week concerning my creative path and those sudden moments of realisation followed by a tiny gem of a crystal clear thought are just the best! I wish I could tell you more just now, but when these thoughts manifest themselves into something more tangible I know you will love the results!

In the meantime lets enjoy today's autumn flower themed colour palette. Muted pastels are always a go to favourite at this time of the year. I did find a wee but of earthy peach to combine with similarly earthy pinks and a few rainy day blues. The rusty ochre and cool mocha make it a very earthy palette but with a wee hint of pink lavender and eucalyptus blue-greens they keep it feeling fresher. This palette is definitely reflecting my thoughts today - 'yes I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of autumn but I'm happy to admit to myself that it's not quite here yet! Quite often I see or create palettes and am happy just to be absorbed by the pretty colour combinations in that moment, but every so often it's good to really examine why I am drawn to those colours. It doesn't have to lead to anything earth-shatteringly profound, like today it's just a simple thought about the changing season.

Happy Friday!

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

6 comments

  1. I can feel so much exxcitement in your words & I can't wait to know more about it all !!
    This autumn flowers color palette is very pretty, and I can't help but think that some of them can be achieved with natural dyeing :)
    Have a wonderful weekend my friend !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear friend, you will be among the first to know when I have news to share :)
      These colours do remind me of you and your gorgeous work, I would love to see you create this palette with natural colours. That would be wonderful!
      A wonderful weekend to you too!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing that interview with YoKoo, it's the sort of thing that stops you in your tracks, I've been thinking about her all day. Inspiring is the word I guess but I think it's something different..such a strong identity. Um... must come up with a word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, I am very much looking forward to learning more about this good mystery that you be revealing soonish.

    Meanwhile, I cannot thank you enough about the link to the YoKoo interview. For most of this past year, I've been knitting all sorts of hats and scarves and mitts, hoping to launch my own etsy.com shop this autumn. As I realize that autumn is here, I truly welcomed what YoKoo had to say. I also thank you for the joy, inspiration and information that your posts always offer your readers.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. that you "will" be revealing, of course. My enthusiasm to send a message trumped my proofreading.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. very much my cup of tea...just love the colors

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma