colour palette : antique sunburst

colour palette : antique sunburst - image via The Apartment, palette curated by Emma Lamb
Image credit: The Apartment

Every now and then, either from a pin or blog link, I find myself over at The Apartment 'ooohing' and 'aahing' over the gorgeous vintage finds and inevitably falling in love with a few things. This week just such a thing happened and I found myself mesmerised but this amazing American sunburst quilt. Isn't it just gorgeous!? Of course the pattern is incredible and the mere thought of all the hours that went into creating this quilt is utterly mind boggling! But you know what I'm going to say next, right? Oh yeah, those colours! Whenever I think of the ideal vintage colour palette this is almost exactly what I picture in my mind's eye. I could say it is missing the tiniest snippet of mustard but this combination works so perfectly without it. I love the repeated rows of soft brown, warm orange, blushing pink, cool lavender, soft sage green, teal and nude tones with that hot pop of red in the center. So inspiring!

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

8 comments

  1. Replies
    1. I know right, it's stunning!
      I would love to have this, or even better learn to make my own!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I knew you would love it too Rachel!
      Have a fab weekend my friend :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. It says fall to me. I can't imagine how long it took to make. I can only says it's stunning.

    www.rusticfarmliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sunburst quilt wears it name well. The colors have a gentle harmony that remains lively because of some unexpected contrasts in the burst.

    I am guessing that all the fabrics used are cotton?

    Can you imagine making such a tour de force?

    Best wishes, xo

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma