a photo a day in August, week 2

Day 7, The August Break, 2013 // down on the allotment | Emma Lamb

A wee round up of my August break daily pictures since last week, plus a short video clip of Spanner over on Flickr if you would like to hop on over and take a peek?


Day 8, The August Break, 2013 - {a selfie } // hello! | Emma Lamb
Day 9, The August Break, 2013 - { taste } // tonight's dinner | Emma Lamb
Day 10, The August Break, 2013 - { red } // studio collection in red | Emma Lamb
Day 13, The August Break, 2013 - { home } // home is where my yarn is ;) | Emma Lamb
Day 14, The August Break, 2013 - { stillness } // thrifted colours | Emma Lamb

I am so pleased I have this wee project on the go at the moment, it's proving a great for motivation and distraction. I'm virtually house bound this week due to what turns out to be Sciatica, I can get around the house fine but walking anywhere (even the shortest distance) is too painful. Anyhow, while I wait for a call from the physiotherapist and between the sleepy bouts from the painkillers it's great to have something creative that I feel like I must focus on every day. It's helping to feed the rest of my creativity too and the ideas are coming thick and fast these last few days, it feels great! If you have ever considered trying one of these photo-a-day projects I highly recommend you do! I pondered and wondered for so long and on the spur of the moment decided to play along with The August Break, I love it so much I really wish I had started sooner!

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

10 comments

  1. Sorry to hear about your sciatica, Emma. That's rotten. Awesome that your photo project is proving a good distraction. Lovely work. That first photo of the gardens astounds me. Is that in your neighborhood?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very rotten, but it will get better eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later because I'm missing my walks so much! Yes, those gardens aren't far from me. They're beautiful aren't they!? Edinburgh is a very green city, there are lots of gardens, parks and alottments everywhere. xx

      Delete
  2. What camera do you have? Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eu amo lãs e também meto as minhas em tigelas super grandes, parabéns é uma sra. de muito bom gosto :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, Emma, I'm so sorry about the sciatica & the pain !! :( I wish you a speedy recovery, I hope you'll find a way to ease your pains very soon ! Keeping you in my thoughts ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the sciatica. Hope you get relief from the pain soon. Are those the allotments down at Warriston? My son lives not far from there and took me a walk by the Water of Leith and past them. I had allotment-envy when I saw them - a great sanctuary to escape to, I thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I missed your question! Yes, the allotments are in that direction - at the back of St Mark's Park along the Water of Leith walkway. There are some really pretty ones in Inverleith Park too :) xx

      Delete
  6. Hope you get some relief from the pain soon Emma. I love this photo project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boo - very sorry to hear that - really hope the pain disappears soon. I've been enjoying your lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma