colour crush : Mini Moderns

Mini Moderns, Darjeeling Wallpaper in Chalkhill Blue | Emma Lamb

I've been taking a closer look at some of the lovely people who will be attending the Folksy Summer School in August and couldn't pass up the chance to show my appreciation for Mini Moderns' designs. They have such a wonderful Lucienne Day influence and mid-century colour sense...


"Our design influences range from mid-century British textiles to vintage toys, from literature to childhood memories. Travel also influences our work - and much of our inspiration comes from holidays and field trips, both at home and abroad."
(read more about Mini Moderns here)

Mini Moderns, Darjeeling Wallpaper in Harvest Orange | Emma Lamb

At the moment I'm particularly fond of their textiles and wallpapers and am quite smitten with this Darjeeling design. Since I have my 'decorating head' on at the moment I'm trying to picture each of these colourways in my living room. I'm not planning to wallpaper the whole room, just a wee accent in the alcove where I have my computer. I'd like a backdrop of something inspiring but also soothing, something not too distracting but also motivating. It also has to fit with the rest of the room, which is still in a state of flux just now making things even trickier to visualise. So far we've chosen a new black sofa (still to arrive) and stark white walls (still to be painted), which will both make a good base for adding lots of colourful snippets. You know how I love those!

So yes, I know I'm asking a lot from a roll of wallpaper but surely it's not impossible to find the perfect one!? Already I'm eyeing up 'Welsh Slate' and imagining it with a bright and colourful pin board and a couple of pretty prints to add those colourful snippets. Which one would you choose?

Mini Moderns, Darjeeling Wallpaper in Welsh Slate | Emma Lamb

Mini Moderns, Darjeeling Wallpaper in Lido | Emma Lamb

Mini Moderns, Darjeeling Wallpaper in Mustard | Emma Lamb

Oh and do take a peek at the rest of Mini Moderns' collection, I am sure you will love it!

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

4 comments

  1. The choice is difficult, are more beautiful than the other. My advice? Close your eyes and let yourself be guided by the sensations you feel, listen to them ... they will guide you to the right color.
    Thank you for what you do ... for your work ... for your blog.
    Greetings from Rome
    Emanuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about the blue, so I'd go with Chalkhie Blue. Did I spell that right? I'm sure whichever you choose will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Chalkhill Blue'... it is lovely isn't it!?
      I imagine that one would look sweet in a nursery.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I like Lido. The colors remind me of wall paper from my childhood. Love your new shop pieces. Hope your summer is off to a lovely start.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma