shop talk : recent custom work

There's been a handful of gorgeous Merry Mobiles hanging in my studio lately! | Emma Lamb

Hello, happy Tuesday! How are you all today!? I'm happy not to have had a paintbrush in my hand for the last few days. Instead I am quite content to be pottering, sorting and cleaning in between a few long sessions of film watching, crocheting and chocolate nibbling. Phew! I'm working on lots of new things and tinkering with new ideas. Not sure when the new ideas will be perfected but the new things should be ready in a week or two. I'm also toying with the idea of a wee 'Christmas in July' feature in my shops next month, what do you think? Is it too soon for you or are you already counting the days!?

There's been a handful of gorgeous Merry Mobiles hanging in my studio lately! | Emma Lamb

Anyhow, as promised these are some of the lovely custom orders that have been keeping my hands busy lately. Lots of Merry Mobiles and a couple of Forever Flower garlands. I loved having so many mobiles in my studio at once, they looked amazing grouped together! I also had a lot of fun creating this shorter and fuller version of my 'large' mobile (below), I love how it turned out. Just so adorable!

Custom length and colourway of my large Merry Mobile design : neon pastels | Emma Lamb
Custom colourway of my medium Merry Mobile design : vintage brights and pretty pastels | Emma Lamb

Above and below are two custom colourways of my medium mobile. Vintage brights and pretty pastels above then cool greens with violet, peach and damson below. I always find it inspiring to compare these different versions of my work, to see how two items that are technically the same design appear to be so different and stir up opposite emotions. One feels energising and playful while the other is soothing and thoughtful. Since I rarely get to meet my customers in person it makes me wonder about the subtleties of their personalities. Also, if these mobiles were to be used in a nursery, which one would you really want? Energising or soothing? Not a question I can really answer since I have a one dog family and I don't think Spanner really gives a 'woof' one way or the other!

Custom colourway of my medium Merry Mobile design : cool greens with violet, peach and damson | Emma Lamb

Oh yes, and below are two custom colourways of my Forever Flower Garlands, I really love how the colours in these are almost identical to the mobile above. All three were for different customers from opposite ends of the globe, I find that utterly fascinating too!

Custom colourways of my Forever Flower Garlands : cool greens and pretty pastels

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

10 comments

  1. Oh my, you've been busy ! That's a lot of crochetting !!
    Each colorway is interesting, and you're right, it probably reflects the receipient's personality !
    oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours and so delicate looking. You must have had fun making them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Siempre es maravilloso visitar tu blog!es todo tan precioso!sueño con poder tener un móvil tuyo!abrazos

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all absolutely gorgeous! I love the mobiles especially - I think they should be for adults too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous! christmas in july sounds silly but i really need to start preparing for my crazy ideas. Also present season always takes lots of prep, for birthdays included!

    Barnicles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been following you on flickr since the early days :)
    Your work is so inspiring, so beautiful, unique, and yet simple. This crochet mobile is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mobile would work for any age, love them

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma