colour stories : Torie Jayne

Yay! I have another fabulous 'colour story' to share with you all today and it is an utter delight, let me tell you! After the chaos of the Flickr saga this week I think we're in need of a wee bit of order, some perfectly colour co-ordinated arrangements and a whole lot of pretty! Let me hand you over to the absolutely wonderful Torie Jayne to tell us more about her obsessive love for pastels...

colour stories : Torie Jayne | Emma Lamb

"Hello, I am Torie and I am so happy to have been invited by the lovely Emma to share my colour story. Torie Jayne is my blog where I share my inspirations, crafts, gluten free baking, interior ideas and designs and everything else between. I think it would be fair to say I am known for pastel colours but what perhaps you don't know about me is that I am a little obsessive about colour. My Dad describes it as a medical problem and my partner describes it as military! Hmm, I think I need to explain a little further and give you some examples so you can make up your own mind.

Let's start with our bathroom where I have gone for a vintage modern style in a colour palette of white, silver sage and chrome, so far so good, but when it comes to my shower and bath toiletries I like them to be in keeping with the rest of the room so I ban any toiletries in there original packaging being on show. Therefore I dispense them into plastic bottles and label them with alpha beads, thank goodness my partners choice of shampoo and shower gel are fitting!

colour stories : Torie Jayne | Emma Lamb

colour stories : Torie Jayne | Emma Lamb

When it comes to our kitchen my obsession becomes a little clearer as everything out on display is in shades of duck egg blue, with a smattering of pink, stone and blue. Which means that I insist on buying a particular brand of washing up liquid and sponges and therefore you can imagine my delight when I found dishcloths in duck egg blue on a trip to Copenhagen! Take a look inside my kitchen baking cupboard and my love of colour becomes clearer or scarier? But hey, it makes me smile!

Then there is my laundry room with a housekeepers box that is full of pretty pastel cleaning products and utensils, dispensed fabric conditioner into handmade printed bottles and baskets of cloths, dusters, sponges and tea towels all in pretty pastels... of course!

colour stories : Torie Jayne | Emma Lamb
All images: Torie Jayne // blog - facebook - twitter - flickr

My Dad has collected stamps since he was a young boy and I liken my colour obsession to him collecting stamps as I get as much enjoyment in "the hunt" for that elusive duck egg blue garlic press as I do when it is in my hands. But the joy I get when it all comes together is what makes me really happy!"

Oh, isn't is all just gorgeous! I have a huge admiration for Torie's passion in maintaining her beautifully ordered and co-ordinated pastel world. I can only begin to imagine the number of hours she has put into sourcing and creating each and every object, not allowing even the smallest detail to go unnoticed.

When I first talked to Torie about sharing her colour story we giggled about her colour obsession, but after reading her story and seeing her beautiful pictures I don't see it as an obsession at all. This is a girl who know what she likes and what she likes makes her very happy. So why should she ever consider compromising her happiness!?

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

7 comments

  1. How beautiful! With two little ones I can dream of a house so organised...maybe one day! The glass bottles filled with shampoos and shower gels is a lovely idea! Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous house! I've been inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what gorgeousness! I can see why it makes Torie happy - beautiful inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so neat and elegant and ...... pastel! Makes me want to go and tip out my pantry contents - there would be nothing, but nothing, left!!!
    I love what Torie does but I wouldn't get away with it here so I take it that her husband loves those colours too or else he is the most amazing, most in love with his wife, man anywhere!
    Lovely post Emma, thank you. Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Emma for such a lovely feature! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's inspirational! Why shouldn't we be so intentional and happy. If only my partner was so...accommodating.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma