delicious yarn : yarn fest haul, part 2

Oh yes, there's more!

Yes, okay. I confess. I have a thing for alpaca yarn! Well, who wouldn't!? It is so unbelievably soft and delicious to the touch and once you've picked a ball or skein of this gorgeous stuff you find yourself having trouble putting it down again! Seriously, at the Edinburgh Yarn Festival I spent way too long at Sue MacBride's stall. The whole time I was trying to look as though I couldn't decide which colour I wanted, which is a wee bit lame to say the least as there were only six shades to choose from! When actually I was enjoying how soft this Alpaca Loft yarn felt in my hands. I was also trying to decide how much I wanted needed in my life. Suffice to say I didn't get nearly as much as I needed and only came away with only 100g of silver, either for a small cowl or more likely a new pair of winter mitts.

Alpaca Loft (dk) by Sue MacBride | Emma Lamb

Alpaca Loft (dk) by Sue MacBride | Emma Lamb

Oh, and last but certainly not least is some utterly delicious Skein Queen yarny goodness! I love Debbie's colours so much and I think I said before that they have such a gorgeous depth and vibrancy, especially for semi-solids. If I hadn't given myself a budget for the yarn fest I think I would have come away with armfuls of Skein Queen yummyness. But as it was I did, so I limited my purchases to these three. Two skeins of Flockly, a wonderfully squishy 4ply in a blend of wool, silk and cashmere and one skein of Delectable, a truly beautiful merino and silk blend in a heavy lace weight. The Flockly are the first two pictured and the Delectable is the gorgeous mustard one in the last picture, definitely hop over to my Ravelry pages for a closer look at that one.

Flockly & Delectable, by the fabulous Skein Queen | Emma Lamb
Flockly, by the fabulous Skein Queen | Emma Lamb
Flockly, by the fabulous Skein Queen | Emma Lamb
Delectable, by the fabulous Skein Queen | Emma Lamb

So there you have it, that was my yarn haul from the Edinburgh Yarn Festival, I hope you enjoyed seeing it!? Oh, and if you missed them you can see all my pictures from the Edinburgh Yarn Festival here and here.

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

6 comments

  1. Hello Emma!

    This really IS some gorgeous yarn! Thanks for sharing.

    <3 Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful yarn, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some beautiful purchases you made. I think you were extremely good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous - what adorable yarn I love the shades x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beeeeeeyoutiful yarn! The photographs are so amazing I feel I could almost just reach in and pat it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma