colour crush : vintage Kantha quilts at Niki Jones

colour crush : vintage Kantha quilts at Niki Jones | Emma Lamb

Hello, I'm still working through my photos from the Yarn Fest this weekend... it's taking forever! So, I've decided to swap them with tomorrow's post because I don't want to ditch tomorrow's post altogether. It's far too pretty!

So today (not tomorrow!) I'm loving a wee bit of colour inspiration from a collection of gorgeous vintage Kantha quilts over at Niki Jones. These Kantha quilts can be found everywhere at the moment, especially on Etsy and Fab. But it's almost impossible to find two alike since they're pieced and patched together from a vast array of vintage sari fabrics in the most gorgeous patterns and colours. Just look at 'orange & lemongrass' here, how gorgeous is that lilac and orange leafy print!?


colour crush : vintage Kantha quilts at Niki Jones | Emma Lamb
colour crush : vintage Kantha quilts at Niki Jones | Emma Lamb
colour crush : vintage Kantha quilts at Niki Jones | Emma Lamb
All images: Niki Jones

I would love to have one or two of these for myself, but every time I think I've spotted my favourite colour and pattern combo I'll flip through a few more pages and stumble over something just as yummy! These four are at the top of my wish list from Niki Jones because of their muted palettes. Looking at them just now I'm really torn between 'orange & lemongrass' and 'vintage pastels'... which one would you choose?

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

4 comments

  1. To be honest I love the Thoughts of Spring... But all of them are gorgeous. xx Good luck with choosing.

    Just a thought from mylittlecornertoday.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely - I like the top one best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, I've seen such quilts before, but had not before know of Niki Jones. What a site she has. I now know what you mean about making a decision about a favorite quilt.

    I agree with you about the beauty of orange and lemongrass, but...might have seen lots more that I'd also like to own over at Niki's place. All the colorways just sing such sweet songs.

    Best wishes. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only problem with these quilts is that no two are the same, they are so beautiful it's just impossible to choose!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma