studio details : sunny studio days

studio details : sunny studio days by © emma lamb

Are absolutely the best!

But goodness me, what a difference a couple of days makes! I took these pictures on Tuesday after a week or more of gorgeous spring sunshine here in Edinburgh... and today!? Soggy, cold and grey. Blah! Today though, it is so lovely to re-live these pictures again. Just as Miss Twiggs was talking about yesterday, in her 'Colour Story', it is good to save those snippets of optimism and inspiration to look back on when you need them. Today, I so need them!

studio details : the perfect light by © emma lamb
studio details : packing station by © emma lamb

You'll notice too that I have re-shuffled a few things since December (making the most of my internet free time last week). A new layout for the spring and summer months to open up that lovely long back wall I have and make the most of that perfect light. Oh, and a re-jigged packing station too since the last arrangement wasn't working quite so well as it should for me. This is much better, more space and everything I need at hand. Plus a new wee inspiration wall with a few favourite tear sheets and postcards.

Although this is only a test run really since I'm planning a wee spot of decorating in the next week or two. I've come to the decision that it's time for the Farrow & Ball creamy 'Pointing' colour to go and be replaced with a fresh, bright white. I've also got my eye on those dark chocolate brown floor boards and am thinking of a really soft dove grey instead. Once that's done it will be my desk's turn for a makeover, a long time coming I think! Although at the moment I'm not sure if I want white or a soft pastel tone. I'll see how the room is working as a whole once the walls and floorboards have been tackled.

studio details : my little old man by © emma lamb

Of course there will always be room for my wee man! Whether it is cosy at my toes under the desk; snuggled up by the radiator on especially cold days or making the most of a shaft of sunlight as above. Do you know he'll be 8yrs old this year!? I can hardly believe it! My little old man is getting on a bit...

Emma, x

25 comments :

  1. Oh how beautiful!!! Your work space is divine Emma and don't those drawers look just perfect? So glad you bought them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too dearest Donna!
      They got a wee lick of that Farrow & ball paint on the inside of their drawers and now they're filled with all my wee posting bits 'n' bobs. All handy-dandy... :)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Love it! I love that you have a packing station too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Kirsty, you'd probably think 'packing station' is a wee bit glorified when you see the actual space I use, but I like glorified... ;) xx

      Delete
  3. This looks gorgeous Emma! And Spanner looks so cosy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is super cosy and he loves his new blanket, made by my Mam for his Christmas last year... :) xx

      Delete
  4. dear emma, hello! i am very inspired. i adore my studio but it's more pretty than practical and i need to make some changes. getting ideas here!

    warmest thanks!

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Elyse!
      Never be afraid to re-shuffle, re-jig and replace if things aren't working. As long as all the practical things you have in your studio are pretty to you then your studio can't fail to look pretty and you will love it all the more... :)
      xx

      Delete
    2. thank you for this! xo

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful place to work!
    And just look at the 'wee man', I would love to reach in and cuddle him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love it! And sunlight really does make a difference! Sunshine motivates me to be creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your studio and your creations! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your studio is so beautiful, filled with gorgeous colors and light! What an inspiring place to work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely pictures,you have a beautiful working space. I too have been loving the sunshine we've been experiencing recently, makes everything brighter and happier!
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. These images are full of beautiful light and beautiful things. It's amazing to me how inspiring it is to see other artist's studio spaces. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emma Hello, my name is Emanuela and I live in Rome. Your blog is very interesting and follow it with great passion. All your works are wonderful. Congratulations!
    greetings
    Emanuela

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to see work spaces of creative people! all the little boxes and so on... makes want to start hooking immediatly;-) thanks for sharing
    imke

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a lovely studio Emma. I love pottering away a sunny or rainy day in my studio with endless cups of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Emma, I just recently discovered your blog and it just makes me happy every time. I love love your studio, I believe it's so inpiring to be able to work in a space like that. Many greetings from Holland!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really inspired by your workroom. So many lovely things x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, goodness - what an incredible space! You have so many dear bits and bobs everywhere. I guess there really is something to say for collecting. I am such a "clear it all away, clean open spaces" kind of decorator, but homes like yours make me want to change my ways.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your studio! That light is just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your studio is such an inspiring space! Thank you so much for sharing these pictures. Your wee man is so cute. I wish him many happy and healthy years with you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your little man looks very cosy with his stylish bed.. Very comfy.. :D I love your studio really great use of space and colour.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Wishing you a fabulous day!
Emma, x