colour stories : Claudia Casal

Oh, I am so happy today to be able to bring you another fabulous 'Colour Story' from yet another wonderful creative soul. Today is the turn of the wonderful Claudia Casal, as we all affectionately know as 'Miss Twiggs' from Hello Twiggs. As you know I am a huge fan of Claudia's gorgeous photography so today is a real treat for me too! Let me hand you over to lovely Claudia herself...

colour stories : Claudia Casal

“Hello Emma Lamb’s lovely readers! I hope you’re having a great day! First of all I want to thank Emma for this invitation, as it’s such a pleasure to come here to her online home! When Emma invited me for this new feature I immediately thought about going out for a long walk in my city (Lisbon!) and focus on a colour and take a few pictures! It seemed perfect and the perfect excuse to go out for pictures. Though I’m a photographer sometimes I really miss those week days in which I would do that just for the pleasure of it, but now with all the work… weekends are all I’ve got!

colour stories : Claudia Casal

But these last few weeks, rain has been a constant here in Lisbon and I’m not used to it at all, so going out for pretty pictures was kind of postponed. But the interesting was that I wasn’t out of colour for my story here, because with all this rain and wind, I keep going back to my summer pictures and enjoy them all over again. So my colour is blue. Blue for great and deep oceans, blue for summer skies… the perfect summer mood!

colour stories : Claudia Casal

We travel every year to an island in Portugal which is known for its raw beauty and simplicity. There’s almost no phone connection and no luxuries, just nature and silence. It feels so good to stay here for a few days, enjoying what nature has to offer, enjoying the silence, enjoying your friends, the sun, the ocean… oh it’s perfect! To be even more perfect, we would be allowed to take our dog, that would be heaven on earth! But so far, that is not possible, so he gets to take a few days off of us too! So here’s my praise to summer… or at least sunny and relaxed days!”

colour stories : Claudia Casal
All images: Hello Twiggs * by Claudia Casal // website - blog - facebook - twitter

I love it! Blissful summer blues, clear skies and beautiful ocean views. Escaping from busy days to appreciate the simplicity of a warm summer's day without interruption. Thank you so much dearest Claudia, for transporting us from these dull winter days to a place of serene beauty.

Emma, x

10 comments :

  1. thank you so much for receiving me here my dear friend!!! it's a pleasure to work in such a lovely "home" :) hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a joy as always Miss Twiggs!
      Huge hugs to you... :) xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this lovely blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thanks for sharing....really beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, i wanted to jet of on hol before i even saw theese pics, now i NEED to go! oh to feel the sun on my back. lovely pics, transported me just for a moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both! Today I much prefer to look at Claudia's gorgeous images than the dull, grey world outside my window! x

      Delete
  5. Great images... I felt smell of summer:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... :)
      If you haven't already, do take a peek at more of Claudia's photography, I think you will love everything she does!
      xx

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! Utterly gorgeous! Off to go see her site!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful post & lovely photos ! Thanks for sharing !
    (I haven't forgotten about you, I need to work on that this weekend !)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my wee blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will be deleted.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Wishing you a fabulous day!
Emma, x