shoptalk : my first custom order of 2013!

It's no secret that I love working on custom projects and when the order came through for this Merry Mobile at the very start of the New Year I did a wee happy dance. I love making these mobiles! The brief was simple for this one, a mobile much like the original for a wee boy's room.

Since I don't hold these in stock at the moment I'd forgotten how much the shape and colours remind me of a circus and carnival. The big top and the carousel. It's funny because while working on the flowers for this mobile I was watching Water For Elephants, I didn't make the connection until just now! A happy coincidence and a lovely film (despite wincing at the thought of how violent Christoph Waltz was going to play August, he does 'unhinged' too well!).

Emma,

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

5 comments

  1. It is so beautiful, well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its stunning :) I see what you mean its fun and has an exciting colour palette too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you've got mega talent to put all this together..I think I'd stumble after the 1st treble stitch! It looks lovey, am glad you get so much happiness from making it..a fine way to spend your days x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma