making everyday beautiful : who's for elevenses?

Weekly favourites from our Flickr group 'making everyday beautiful': 1. cake with persimmon, cinnamon and whole wheat flour ..... by sonja-ksu, 2. Untitled by Katherine Codega, 3. Pink Carnation and little teapot by cafe noHut, 4. Vintage china collection by citrusandorange, 5. Cupcake lusciousness by ZedBee | Zoë Power
Image credits: 1. sonja-ksu, 2. Katherine Codega, 3. cafe noHut, 4. citrusandorange, 5. ZedBee | Zoë Power

Tea + cake + pretty china = the perfect Monday morning pick-me-up, or any morning for that matter!

It's been too long since I've baked any kind of cake. My favourite has to be a chocolate brownie number I found in a kids cookbook (I'm not one for stretching myself when it comes to cake making, I know my limits all too well!) but I'm also quite partial to a lovely lemon drizzle number too. I think the latter may be a goer since I have a pile of lovely fresh lemons in the fruit bowl and a brand new box of three ginger t-bags that would accompany it so perfectly! It seems my rainy Monday afternoon is all planned out, what about you? What cakey goodness would you be baking this afternoon if you could?

Remember to join us over at 'making everyday beautiful' to share the sweet moments from your everyday happenings - cooking, crafty or otherwise.

Emma, x

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Emma, I cannot resist a piece of cake and since I am obsessed with 'Under The Walnut Tree', I would have to choose their 'A cake from Tuscany' - 'an exquisite cake filled with smooth vanilla custard, raisins and almonds.' Looks like my rainy Monday afternoon is now planned out too. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness, Lois that sounds so indulgent! I hope you haven't eaten too much of it this afternoon!? xx

      Delete
  2. Mine would have to be the Chocolate fudge cake I discovered and made over Christmas. Never had any before as it sounds so sickly, but this was devine. Very chocolatey but not over sweet....and far too moreish!
    Love your piccies, they really do lift a grey Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the classic chocolate fudge cake!
      My mother-in-law makes an absolutely delicious one but I can no longer sample it's delights because of all the cream... it's heart-breaking!
      I am too jealous of you... ;) xx

      Delete
  3. What's nicer than tea and cake! Victoria Sponge is my favourite x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cake, yes nothing is better. I made a delicious lemon drizzle last evening, in a loaf tin which is a nice way to serve it. I am blogging at nataliejtc.blogspot.co.uk. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness... I'd totally forgotton that phrase - elevenses! Seems like a good tradition to revive :) I'm not much good at baking either, but I found an amazing chocolate brownie mix recently to which I just chuck in a couple of eggs and butter. It's inspiring me to start baking more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh miss Leanda, if your doing elevenses then I should alos tell you about 'three-o'clocks'... we have them quite a lot here too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my wee blog!

I'd love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Thank you and have a fabulous day,
Emma, x