making everyday beautiful : all that is gold does not glitter

making everyday beautiful : all that is gold does not glitter | Emma Lamb
Image credits: 1. DKM Art, 2. Red or Gray, 3. Edera Jewelry, 4. endlesshue, 5. Steffen Tuck, 6. Candy Pop, 7. cocopie

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.


{ From The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkein. }

Since I haven't yet read The Lord of the Rings, I've just watched Peter Jackson's epic trilogy far too many times, this poem is new to me. I know the second verse features in The Return of the King, but it's the first verse that I'm loving today. If you take those few words on their own it's easy to read between the lines to discover your own positive messages of value, hope, strength and resilience. This morning I can see some of those messages in this stunning collection from 'making everyday beautiful'. Each image holds it's own value: moments of incredible beauty, collections of treasured memories, inspirational skills of artists and words of wisdom. All infinitely more valuable than precious* gold!?

Emma, x

* 'precious' must be said in a Golem style accent, no exceptions!

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

9 comments

  1. How beautiful, Miss Emma! Love the inspiration too--can't wait for the new Hobbit movie to come out :) Thank you for including my hair pins in one of your beautiful collages! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's reminded me an italian proverb.."non e' tutto oro quello che luccica"..so funny, it's the same of the Tolkien poem!
    Great collage, I wish you a "glittering" week ;-)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. I love this neutral coloring...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite nice. Lovely images and poem and sentiments. Thanks, Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful. I love bronze and gold, great selection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great title! Great quote. Great photos. Just a great overall share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Read the books!!! I remember when the movies were being made, I was just one of many who were rather skeptical. I refused to go to "Fellowship" and it wasn't until "Two Towers" was out in video I finally broke down to watch. Needless to say, I was in the theater opening night for "Return of the King." ;) Jackson did a good job staying true to the spirit of the books, if not totally true to the letter of them. They are a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Hilary, you're right I really should read them... I have so little reading time at the moment though, maybe I should book them in over the Christmas holiday!?
      xx

      Delete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma