colour pinning : pine beige, earthy russet & pumpkin, khaki, peach and stormy cerulean

I have to confess to being a pretty rubbish Pinterest addict of late... as in lately I'd rather switch my computer off and cosy up to watch a film than spend those two hours furiously pinning pretty things! I think because there is so much stuff on Pinterest now (too much uncredited stuff especially!) and so many people (including an ever increasing number of brands wanting to use it as a selling platform) it feels like it's lost it's community spirit. I know some folks have a much bigger beef with Pinterest than that, but despite it's flaws I still think it's a pretty cool mood board tool. And as with any online tool that's here to stay (Blogger, Facebook, Tumblr etc) it's how you choose to use it that really matters.

So despite not wanting to trawl it's glorious pages and boards for hours on end I'm still pinning, but only occasionally and only when I see something I totally love... which is usually when I get suckered in by the gorgeous colours of an image. Ha, no big surprise there then! To accompany my more meaningful pinning I thought it would be lovely to get back to blogging about some of my favourites instead of letting them go unappreciated. Of course there with be high level of colour co-ordinating going on as you would expect from me and since I arrange most of my pins by colour this new line of blog posts will come under the title 'colour pinning'. I hope you enjoy them too.

colour pinning : pine beige, earthy russet & pumpkin, khaki, peach and stormy cerulean | Emma Lamb

1. laundry ~ Keiko Lynn {pin} Fun wee fashion blog with some cute and often retro styled daily outfits.

2. Geraldine - merino knitting / crochet Vermont farm yarn, naturally dyed with madder root ~ Vermont Wool Farm & Studio {pin} So many delicious naturally dyed yarns in this Etsy shop, you so need to check it out.

3. Vintage Scarf Duvet Cover ~ Urban Outfitters {pin} I absolutely adore this duvet cover, but on finding it's beauty it had already been sold out. Boo! It would have gone so perfectly in my bedroom too.

4. untitled ~ rocketrictic {pin} See more gorgeous illustration by Mei Lee / rocketrictic on society6

5. Rue Magazine (June 2012 Issue). Photography by Marjon Hoogervorst. {pin} Love Rue Magazine, always packed full of gorgeous imagery!

6. Decorating Your Doorstop ~ design*sponge {pin} I adore the massive variety in pumpkins and squashes, the vast array of colours and shapes is amazing! The link will take you to a lovely wee tutorial on design*sponge.

Emma, x

ps - I know 'colour pinning' isn't the most inventive title I could have chosen, but it does what is says and says what it does. So yeah, 'colour pinning' it is... ;)
pps - This week I've been working on something really fun and exciting, something crochet related. I hope to be able to tell you all about it very soon!
ppps - I'm trying out a lovely dark grey background on my blog for a while, to see if I like it... what do you think?

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

11 comments

  1. Hello there!
    I Like the dark grey background....
    ...so many people do the 'white on white' its clean looking but lacks character.
    Maybe thats because this shade of grey is one of my favorite colours, so I have a biased View?

    Daisy J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daisy!

      I do like the white on white, but like you I'm growing ever fonder of deep grey tones... I think it might be my subconcious embracing the change of season and the ever shorter days. I'm finding cosy feelings in these darker colours instead of that claustrophobic sensation.

      Plus I think it shows off my gorgeous coral pink detailing and my post images more... they don't feel like they're floating in a sea of white space!

      Saying that I might look at it tomorrow and be desperate for my pretty white space back! But I shall resist, I shall give it a week or two otherwise it will be a pretty limp experiment... ;)

      Emma, x

      Delete
  2. I love the grey Emma. Love all your images too, that's the second white pumpkin I've seen in blogland this week, I need to grow white pumpkins I think!! ;)
    happy weekend,
    vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vivienne, I'm happy you're liking the grey too... :)
      I would love to be able to grow pumpkins in any colour... can't wait for a time when I have my own garden!
      I hope you have a fabulous weekend too,
      Emma, x

      Delete
  3. lovely lovely, gorgie gorge! Esp in love with the duvet cover ... I've been in an all white duvet phase for a long time now, but have recently found my eye straying to beauties like this one ... time for a change perhaps!
    Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes... that duvet cover is a total heart breaker, isn't it!
      Have a fab weekend too!
      xx

      Delete
  4. i like the grey-it makes all of the other colours pop!
    pretty photos -especially love the yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea... you're right, the grey does make the other colours really pop!
      Looking through a few of my older posts I've haven't yet been able to find one that is overshadowed by the grey... I was worried it might be a wee bit too dark?
      Like I said I'll tey living with it for a while and see how it goes... :)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Emma, I found this post very interesting, since I have yet to find time for Pinterest for myself, though I know many folks love it, and others have found it a land of problems.

    I wanted to let you know that I always, always love visiting right here, and admire your design and color sense, and your wonderful crocheting originality.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances, you are too kind!
      I am thrilled you enjoy popping over here every now and then, I always love to read your thoughful comments... :)

      I've had many thoughts and feelings on Pinterest over the last few months and have been close to deleting my account a few times, but I eventually came to the conclusion above.

      Have a wonderful weekend,
      Emma, x

      Delete
  6. Oh, I can see a couple of my faves here too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma