shoptalk : Fabricate exhibition

fabricate : an exhibition of local designers makers... emma lamb, rag rose, a wooden tree, eleanor caie, lara scobie and hipster spinster : at Studio One in Edinburgh's west end from 2nd to 31st August 2012 | Emma Lamb

So my exciting wee deadline this weekend was to hand over a collection of work to the wonderful Studio One in Edinburgh's west end ready for the 'fabricate' exhibition opening tomorrow... yay! I'm so excited because this lovely wee venture has been months in the planning but at last it is here... :)

Remember lovely Amelia Smith, organiser of The Market? Well when this super lovely lady asked me if I wanted to be involved in an exhibition of some sorts I immediately said 'YES!' before knowing any details. Of course Miss Amelia hasn't disappointed, she has worked hard to pull together a fabulous wee group of Scottish designer makers for this show including...


Rag Rose fabric florist | Emma Lamb

Rag Rose...
I'm so happy to have my lovely ladies alongside Ruth's gorgeous fabric flowers again, the last time was at The Market back in April. I know she has been working on lots of posies and bouquets to show alongside her brooch and earring collections for fabricate and I can't wait to see the fruits of her labour!


A Wooden Tree | Emma Lamb

A Wooden Tree...
It is such an honour to be showing with the super lovely Kirsty again too, I absolutely adore her and her fabulous work! I actually got to see this lovely bunny head at The Red Door Gallery a few weeks ago, stunning! I'm so excited to see what Kirsty has been making for Studio One, so exciting!


Eleanor Caie Ceramic Design | Emma Lamb

Eleanor Caie Ceramic Design...
I must confess I haven't seen Eleanor Caie's ceramics yet, so I'm especially looking forward to seeing a selection of her tea lights and lamps at the opening of fabricate tomorrow evening. They're so, so pretty and I am thinking my wee studio is in dire need a wee butterfly lamp... :)


Lara Scobie Ceramics | Emma Lamb

Lara Scobie Ceramics...
Lara Scobie's elegant ceramics are also new to me (Oh dear, I'm showing my terrible local ceramic knowledge here - shame on me!) but lately I find myself cooing over her Facebook page at her pieces. They have an almost mid-century feel with Lara's abstract botanical patterns, can't wait to see these beautiful ceramics in person too!


Hipster Spinster art and design | Emma Lamb

Hipster Spinster...
Ah, the Hipster Spinster! Earlier this year I got to see Victoria's wonderfully quirky prints at one of the Out of the Blue craft markets and picked up a wee card with her wise old owl print. Victoria's attention to detail in her work is inspiring and of course I adore the way she incorporates fabric patterns and textures into her illustrations.


Well then, if all this gorgeous work and the opportunity to meet these wonderful ladies doesn't tempt you along to the opening tomorrow night then maybe the Pimms and cupcakes might!? Of course I shall be there too, championing my ladies, from 6.30pm. There will be late night shopping at Studio One too so you'll be able to browse the rest of the shop for lots of lovely gifts... and when I say 'gifts' you so know I mean for you guys to treat yourselves to something lovely, don't you!?

Emma, x

ps - If you can't make it tomorrow evening then do not fret! The exhibition will run from 2nd to 31st August, so if you're in Edinburgh during that time never mind about all the festival nonsense, get yourself along to Studio One... ;)

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

10 comments

  1. have fun and good luck for your exhibition!!!
    xxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for the exhibition Emma!
    Lots of lovely things, I'm in love with the bunny. :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! A lovely post. Can't wait for the opening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you all the best my lovely! Hoping to see you down south sometime soonish :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emma, My daughter's blog LookbookUnlimited is began broadcasting...I hope, you do support her:)))Have a nice day:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh but the 'festival nonsense'is the best part!Just don't try and cycle to anything via Princes Street....those tram tracks are a deathtrap on a bike!Looks like a fab exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow ..such exquisite artists all in one space ..I will be with you in spirit!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wish I was anywhere near Edinburgh - but Minnesota would have to move a bit. Great luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations for the exhibition and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the exhibition is going well, Emma! I wish I had come across your blog sooner as I have been up in Edinburgh twice this month for the Fringe Festival. It is always lovely to escape the festival crowds in a gallery for a little inspirational relaxation.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma