making everyday beautiful : celebrating our feline friends

making everyday beautiful : celebrating our feline friends | Emma Lamb
Image credits: 1. Cozy Memories, 2. [ otchipotchi ], 3. montse llamas, 4. *Neëst*

Happy Monday my friends... !

Today I thought it would be sweet to celebrate our feline friends, some of our sweet and constant companions. Anyone who has a cat (or dog) in their life will know how incredible your relationship with them can be and how wonderful their characters are too! But I especially love seeing the quiet moments you capture with them - quietly snoozing, gazing lovingly or generally doing their utmost to look as adorable as possible. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful pictures in our fabulous Flickr group 'making everyday beautiful'!

At the moment I don't have a wee feline friend of my own, just my cheeky wee man as you know. But every time I see one of your dear friends it always reminds of a wee kitten called Fluff that was my very best friend when I was very small. He was the softest shade of grey with wee white paws and while I don't have any pictures of him I do have the fondest of memories. I used to love sitting cross-legged on the floor so he could curl up in my lap for a snooze. I loved to stoke his soft ears while he dreamt lots of kitten dreams and I remember that I would refuse to move until my wee kitten woke up, no matter how numb my legs would get from sitting there for so long!

A simple memory of a quiet moment with my first best friend. How I loved my wee Fluff... :)

Emma, x


ps - Maru never fails to melt my heart!

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

10 comments

  1. Ah what a surprise, Miss Emma ! Thank you so much from me & from Gary ! I wonder now why we waited so long before having a cat, but I think he entered our lives at a very precise moment. Destiny ...
    Big hugs to you & your wee man. (I hope he isn't too jealous that cats are been featured today eheh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Sonia & dearest Gary - who so deserves to be in the limelight!
      Hehe! As soon as I finished writing this post this morning I went and gave my wee man the biggest hug just so there were no hard feelings... ;)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Emma,
    Catalina and Toñita feel soooo happy to make someone else's day beautiful, apart from mine everyday! And I want to thank you as well, for this beauty idea that makes our days more beautiful indeed. Your blog and your work are really full of inspiration.
    Montse, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Montse, and a big cuddle to Catalina and Toñita for being so cute!
      I am so thrilled you are enjoying 'making everyday beautiful' and thank you for taking part... :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. What fun to see this montage. And look how young that little one is learning to sleep on fabric. Cats love fabric about as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, Rachel they so do love fabric! Although I doubt it's anywhere near as much as you do... ;)
      I have a wee pup just the same and dirty sheet are his favourite... whenever I'm changing the sheets and piling the old ones on the floor he loves to snuggle up to them! And if you leave any kind of towel on the floor you can be sure to find a puppy snoozing on it before long... :)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely post Emma, gorgeous kitties! :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo gorgeous kitties Emma, Life is certainly better with a furry friend in tow! I've always, always had a cat can't imagine life without one ( or 3 as we currently have!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet post, my cat was sitting on my knee, and I clicked on the Maru link, she (Rosie the cat) was mesmerised and started pawing at the screen, too cute, think someone has a kitty crush ;)thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous furry friends Emma my little "lap squirrel" is nestled in the tiny space between my laptop table. She glares at my laptop it is her number one enemy as it seems to occupy her favourite spot for catnapping.

    Great post!

    Helen :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma