making everyday beautiful : happy colours

making everyday beautiful : happy colours | Emma Lamb
Image credits: 1. Sweet Collection, 2. Planet Fur, 3. peonyandthistle, 4. katie f. b., 5. Stitched In Color

Good morning, good morning and happy Tuesday to you... :)

Yesterday I paid the price of having a three day weekend free of the trappings of the virtual world and spent most of the day catching up with emails, orders and general digital whatnot.
I like that 'general digital whatnot', it makes it sound like a household chore, like hoovering (vacuuming if you're so inclined!) or something!? And no matter how thoroughly you hoover (or vacuum) there's always a wee dust bunny that casually rolls out from under the sofa just as you've put the hoover (or vacuum) away! I think 'general digital whatnot' is much like that, no matter how much you get through or how much you clean up, walk away for five minutes to make a cup of tea and when you come back yet more has settled in your inbox!
'Perpetual' is the word I'm looking for. As with all the household chores, every now and then you just have to say 'bugger it, I'm having a day off!'... ;)

I do hope you're liking today's 'happy colours' from our fabulous Flickr group 'making everyday beautiful...'? They are a five of my favourites this morning, simply chosen because they make me feel happy... :)

Emma, x


ps - The wee 'hoovering (or vacuuming)' bit up there makes me think of this sketch from Life Of Brian. Best film ever!

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

10 comments

  1. Hope you enjoyed your 3 day weekend! Thanks so much for including our leather journals with all this loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, that sketch from the Life of Brian is so funny! Thanks for sharing. It's just what I needed as currently off work sick. Also, totally with you on the whole general digital whatnot. It's never ending but definitely very healthy to say bugger it once in a while! :-)
    Jo x (http://harryandleelee.blogspot.co.uk/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make me smile ... hoovering and all! lovely lovely picks today ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I just saw Marlous' (planet fur) shelf in real life this morning! It was even prettier than the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are so spot on about the "general digital whatnot". Captured it exactly! And thank-YOU for choosing an image of mine, Emma. I'm quite honored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely colours Emma :) I hope you've been well and your crocheting is going ok :) I love that pastel mobile you made, it's so pretty! And the picture of the birds here is very uplifting, really gorgeous. Month pythons 'the life of Brian' is the best isn't it, I love all there sketches too, it never fails to crack me up! Hope you having a lovely week, Saffa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. you always find such beautiful things!! I totally agree with you about the digital 'whatnot' its almost like your computer knows you've stepped away and does it on purpose lol, danielle xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha that sketch is so smart.. And the digital whatnot.. For me there doesn't even need to be a digital dustbunny. I can keep checking my email and facebook and blogs all day long if I'm not careful. Your selection makes me happy too :) I think I'll stop watching this screen and do some real life housekeeping instead :) Have a good day Emma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. perpetual is right! oh boy. haven't figured out how to say 'bugger it, I'm having a day off!' but if someone is giving out awards for procrastination, i'd be a top contender. thank you, emma, for featuring my little rag rug picture--i'm happy it makes you happy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your blog some days ago & have been looking backwards from then. Reaching this post my heart did a jump. That tiny tin with birds & branches on it I used to make my ex partner in life his 55th b-day card. I made different cards with love messages tied together & put them inside. I chose the bird scene, because he used to feed the birds outside our bedroom when we slept in on sat. mornings.
    I know you don't care. You don't even know me. But the coincidence made me write you.
    Have a nice day.
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma