making everyday beautiful : cool tones

making everyday beautiful : cool tones | Emma Lamb
Image credits: 1. jacquelinetinney, 2. Candy Pop, 3. seahorse knits, 4. iridee├źn, 5. nestdecorating, 6. Katherine Codega, 7. {Twiggs}

Hello Monday!

Lately I've noticed I seem to have a wee bit of a crush on these cool lilac and grey tones, see here and here. I've also been crocheting with these very colours again this weekend. People often recoil in horror at the idea of purple and lilac shades, I know I used to be one of them! But in the right tone surrounded by taupe, beige, putty, khaki, grey... your know, those kind of non-colours with maybe a wee hint of neon pink or electric blue and they look really pretty!

I think proof is definitely in the pudding, as they say, with this gorgeous collection of images from our fabulous Flickr group 'making everyday beautiful'. What do you lovelies think, are you lilac lovers or haters!?

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

5 comments

  1. Lilac is fine by me! I think no colour is 'wrong', it's how you use it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to be one of those persons as well my friend! and now i kind of enjoy it, as long as we're not talking about dark purple, i think i'm fine with it and as you say, surrounded by the right colours! thank you for mentioning me! have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma