local talent : pictures from The Market

A Wooden Tree and Emma Lamb at The Market on Saturday 28th April 2012

Today, amidst working on a bunch of custom orders, I have been sorting and sifting through all the photos I snapped at Saturday's Market. I've got a ton of pics I want to show you (you know me and my trigger finger!) of my most favourite tables and some really great local talent but I'll spread them over a few post so as not to overwhelm you. Feel free to drop in and out as you please.
First up my wee stall with lovely Kirsty Anderson, of A Wooden Tree, and the beautiful hall we all got to spend a lovely day in...


A Wooden Tree and Emma Lamb at The Market on Saturday 28th April 2012
A Wooden Tree and Emma Lamb at The Market on Saturday 28th April 2012

Although I have been a fan of Kirsty's gorgeous work for a wee while now, Saturday was the first time we were able to chat properly and I had an absolute ball with her. She is as lovely as you could hope for and over a delicious croissant or two we nattered about everything from the pile of books I took along for her to peek at; to exhibitions we had been to recently and all the wonderful craft shows there are around Scotland. Thank you Kirsty, for a really wonderful day!

I also got to chat to so many other lovely ladies and was particularly excited to finally meet the ever so lovely Lois, of 13threads. Thank you so much for coming along lovely lady, it was great to chat with you and discover that while you are just as beautiful you are not nearly so serious as some of your Etsy pictures make you seem... ;)

The Market, April 28th 2012 | Emma Lamb
The Market, April 28th 2012 | Emma Lamb

Oh, just look at that hall... isn't it beautiful! It feels like such an honour to be able to attend a lovely wee craft market in St Columba's hall, when the sun shines through those huge windows it is just amazing! I am thinking my dream studio would look much like this, how wonderful would it be to work in this space everyday!?. Hmmm, now I'm thinking my dream bedroom and living room should look like this too, oh and definitely my dream kitchen. In fact, why not have every room in my dream house look like this!? Ha, I should probably just move my stuff up there right now!

As I said I have lots more pics of the day and some really great artists to tell you about... pop back soon!

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

13 comments

  1. You created an amazing display of your work! I am participating in a sale on Saturday so busy preparing right now and feel very inspired after seeing your lovely table of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Jane! I am so happy you have been inspired today and I do hope you have the most amazing day on Saturday! Although I am sure you will, your jewellery is so pretty... :) x

      Delete
  2. You are such a lovely! I had a great day hanging out with you. Great photos too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous displays, I love the crochet flowers and pillow.
    ~~Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always I love to see what you're up to miss Emma! This looks like a lovely show, and I agree... what a wonderful place to be able to work! Happy to see Kirsty's work too; I enjoy "meeting" new artists via blogs...so I'm looking forward to who you'll show next! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Trisha... I am not surprised you love Kirsty's work since we both have such similar and quite fabulous taste... ;) xx

      Delete
  5. Such lovely stuff! Thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emma, it was so lovely to finally meet. Considering we both live in the same large town, I'm amazed it has taken so long. The Market was wonderful: gorgeous space filled with beautiful work. Looking forward to the next one and seeing you again. loisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I don't know how we have never met before! But at long last we have and I do hope that was just the first on many such meetings... :)
      Maybe we shall bump into you while dog walking up on Arthur's Seat this summer... if it ever arrives!?
      xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely photos Emma! If anyone's interested, they can keep up-to-date with The Market here - https://www.facebook.com/TheMarketEdinburgh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emma it look so wonderful!! Wish I loved closer!! Thanks for sharing!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like it was a beautiful market! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma