local talent : Mina Braun & Catherine Anne Hiley at The Market

Minna Braun and Catherine Anne Hiley, at The Market, April 28th 2012 | Emma Lamb

Hip, hip hooray... it's Friday, yay!

Another favourite stall from Saturday's Market that I could have spent browsing over all day was that of printmakers and illustrators Minna Braun and Catherine Anne Hiley. Their table was filled with such wonderfully curious illustrations, cards and wee books all about quirky characters and cute creatures.


While I was completely taken by all of Mina's work I was particularly smitten with her limited edition Endangered Species colouring book, which was produced in collaboration with her collective WE MADE THESE...

Endangered Species colouring book by Mina Braun and the collective WE MADE THESE, at The Market, April 28th 2012 | Emma Lamb
Endangered Species colouring book by Mina Braun and the collective WE MADE THESE, at The Market, April 28th 2012 | Emma Lamb
Endangered Species colouring book by Mina Braun and the collective WE MADE THESE, at The Market, April 28th 2012 | Emma Lamb

Staying on the curious wee book theme I was also fascinated with Catherine's collection of tiny books, most of which are screen printed and hand bound. My favourite being 'time to clean up' which is such a visual delight... !

In The Silks art book by Catherine Anne Hiley at The Market, April 28th 2012 | Emma Lamb
Catherine Anne Hiley at The Market, April 28th 2012 | Emma Lamb
Time To Clean UP art book by Catherine Anne Hiley at The Market, April 28th 2012 | Emma Lamb
Time To Clean UP art book by Catherine Anne Hiley at The Market, April 28th 2012 | Emma Lamb

Through these pictures I have only captured the merest snippet of Mina and Catherine's wonderful work so I highly recommend a wee peek at each of their websites, shops, blogs etc to find our more about them... :)

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

1 comment

  1. Wow these cards are beautiful, I can just imagine about 12 of them mounted on a board displayed on wall or perhaps these cards all in a single row along the wall, too beautiful & definitely collectors pieces.
    I am just making a little felt pale mauve cell phone pouch for my mom's new cell phone she's getting for mothers day. A Tracfone LG501C qwerty keyboard phone ($39.99, $7/mnth for service. The phone pouch is going to have 2 sequened fish sewn on it, to show the sign of Pisces. It's going to be a glamorous cover for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma