local talent : Dough Re Mi at The Market

Fresh breads, scones, croissants and cinnamon swirls by Dough Re Mi at The Market, April 28th 2012 | Emma Lamb

Oh my do I have such a fabulous Friday afternoon treat for you lovelies. Prepare yourself, there may be some drooling as a result of this post... you have been warned! Last, but by no means least, of my favourites from The Market last weekend was the mouth-wateringly delicious stall held by Dough Re Mi...


As soon as I walked into St Columba's hall last Saturday morning I was greeted by the wonderful smell of some fabulous fresh baked goods. A wonderful assortment of fresh crusty breads, scones, cinnamon swirls and possibly the best croissants Kirsty and I had ever tasted, so yummy!

Not only that, but there were cupcakes too. Oh my, the cupcakes......

Delightful cup cakes by Dough Re Mi at The Market, April 28th 2012 | Emma Lamb
Delightful cup cakes by Dough Re Mi at The Market, April 28th 2012 | Emma Lamb
Delightful cup cakes by Dough Re Mi at The Market, April 28th 2012 | Emma Lamb

Now this was a stall I had real trouble walking away from. Seriously! Not just because I wanted to sample each and every one but because they were just so darn photogenic with all their swirly icing and cute wee decorations. You name it everything from flowers, gorillas, elephants, poodles, chihuahuas, bears turtles, seahorses, dolphins, etc, etc. So cute!

Delightful cup cakes by Dough Re Mi at The Market, April 28th 2012 | Emma Lamb
Delightful cup cakes by Dough Re Mi at The Market, April 28th 2012 | Emma Lamb
Delightful cup cakes by Dough Re Mi at The Market, April 28th 2012 | Emma Lamb

Of course I couldn't leave empty handed, especially since it was my Man's birthday a couple of days later and of course he needed a birthday cake... *ahem* ... or six! They tasted just as delicious as they look and next time I'll be bagging at least six of the chocolaty ones all for myself. Ha!

Delightful cup cakes by Dough Re Mi at The Market, April 28th 2012 | Emma Lamb

Dough Re Mi also have a lovely wee shop right here in the city where the lovely Inbal herself would be happy to greet you. They also cater for weddings and birthday parties, check out the adorable website for all the info you'll need.

Well I do hope you have enjoyed my wee rundown of some of my favourites from The Market last weekend!? And I hope that if you weren't able to make it along this time that you are now eagerly awaiting the date for the next event so that you may bookmark your calendars for a fabulous day of handmade goodness!? I do hope so and I shall look forward to seeing you there... :)

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

6 comments

  1. The big pesto, cheese, walnut swirl in the first photo is probably the very one I demolished. Delicious! Fantastic glimpse of The Market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh.... I´m drooling over those muffins..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Those cakes are incredible! Mmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so beautiful! I'm not sure I could eat them they are so pretty!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm yummy - they look too good too eat.
    Just have to shut your eyes, open your mouth and go for it

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma