lobster & swan : matchbox challenge

Lobster & Swan, February Matchbox a Day challenge | Emma Lamb

Have you been by Lobster and Swan recently to see what the lovely Jeska is up to? If you have then you will be quite keen to pop on over there today to see the start of her lovely new matchbox challenge.

Jeska has confessed to being obsessed with vintage matchboxes and has longed to do a wee project with her collection that contains such treasures as vintage postage stamps and snippets of broken jewellery. So for the month of February she has set herself the challenge of turning 29 of these wee boxes into miniature, and I'm guessing highly collectible, works of art. I say 'highly collectible' as she will be offering each of them up for sale in her Etsy shop and donating the proceeds to her husbands chosen charity as he runs the London marathon!

You can follow Jeska's matchbox challenge on her beautiful blog and see the gorgeous creations she comes up with based on the daily themes she has set herself. Not only that but you can also join in if you wish to as we have all been invited to get creative with any wee matchboxes we might have handy, yay! I know I have one or two boxes lying around that my crafty fingers are keen to get hold of, not quite twenty nine I know but it will be fun to play along just a wee bit!

Do stop by Lobster and Swan to find out all the details and see the first matchbox, that is 'The Airmail One' pictured above. I love it already!

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

5 comments

  1. These are so cool! Can't wait to check out the site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que legal! São todas adoráveis!!!!!
    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this - they look wonderful. What a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea. Will have to keep my matchboxes in future!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma