Celebrate Color : time for a celebration!

Hello my lovelies!

Today I am so excited as at last I can share some wonderful news with you all, news about a three month long blogging event that starts today, yay! So without further ado, let me introduce you to Celebrate Color!

Celebrate Color

This fabulous celebration was dreamt up by the lovely Rachel Hauser, of Stitched in Color and is in honour of one of the most creative season's we have. The autumn! Or the fall if you are one of my lovely American friends! It is about inspiration and community (with one or two contests and prizes thrown in for good measure!) and about celebrating all things autumnal through our crafting.

a few crafty snippets from around my wee studio

Over the next three months Rachel, myself and the lovely ladies that are Mollie, of Wild Olive, and Shannon, from luvinthemommyhood, will be bringing you inspiration for projects with mood boards, guest posts, tutorials and round-ups of fabulous materials and supplies. Between the four of us we have a bunch of posts lined up for each week of this event that will cover all aspects of crafting including crochet, knitting, dressmaking, embroidery, kids art and more. So I am sure that each and every one of you will discover something you'll love! Oh, and as this project is all about community we really want you guys to join us and there are a bunch of ways you can take part.

Celebrate Color
To help launch Celebrate Color you can grab this handy dandy wee button to display on your own lovely blog and if you would like to do a wee post to tell everyone what autumn colour is to you that would be fabulous! Of course the best way to get involved would be to make yourself busy with a few autumn inspired crafty projects and enter them into the monthly prize draws. There are four categories in all that you can submit your lovely projects to...

1. Fabric {Home Decor}: quilts, pillows, runners, etc. Think anything at all for a home.
2. Fabric {Wearables}: clothing, bags, accessories (like jewelry). If it goes on the body and it's made of fabric, it totally counts.
3. Yarn: anything knit or crocheted. Really, anything.
4. Needlepoint: with elements of hand embroidery, crewel, cross stitch, etc. The finished item is probably sewn, but needlepoint is an important design element. This category spans a hoop for the wall, a bag embellished with embroidery, and even a quilted item that is decoratively hand quilted.

You can find all the nitty gritty details up on the main Celebrate Color page over on Rachel's fabulous blog under the 'how to enter' link. In fact everything you will need to know will be posted on this main Celebrate Color page, think of it as the hub for the whole event. At the moment a few of the links don't lead anywhere but they will just as soon as things get underway and we have lots of lovely posts to link to.

a few crafty snippets from around my wee studio

Really, I can't think of a more perfect way to bring our creative community together for a wee spot of seasonal inspiration and crafting... so exciting! Oh, an I'm not really keen on mentioning the 'C' word just yet, but what better motivation do you need to get a head start on all those pressies you're planning to make this year!? Come on, join in the festivities with Celebrate Color.

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

7 comments

  1. sounds great! i can't wait to check it all out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this all sounds very exciting!! A wonderful idea, looking forward to seeing it all develop.
    So glad your not going to mention the 'C' word, let's face it Emma I'm just getting my head round autumn! ;)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited! looking forward to the next 3 months! bring on the fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. quelle bonne idée ! l'automne est ma saison préférée

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hip, hip, hurrah! Also, siding with GreenRabbitDesigns, that "C" word is something I'm not quite ready for yet! But, I know you're write that it's time to start planning!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma