the Royal Mile : part 3

The bus stops here. | Emma Lamb

Happy, happy Friday my lovelies! We're on the final leg of our wee tour of the Royal Mile, was that a wee sigh of relief I heard from some of you!? Hehe! Anyhoo, after the fun of the Fringe all we need to do is wander up to the fabulous Edinburgh castle, dodge a few more tourist trap shops along the way and take in some of the more visit worthy attractions such as The Witchery, Camera Obscura and The Scottish Whisky Experience. I definitely recommend leaving the whisky tasting til the end as a wee tipple or two before taking on Camera Obscura's optical illusions might not be such a great idea! Enjoy...


I love this Castle Antiques sign... :) | Emma Lamb
The Tolbooth Kirk... now The Hub events venue. | Emma Lamb
Flying the flags. | Emma Lamb
The lone piper... !? | Emma Lamb
The Witchery... the most stunning Gothic hotel and restaurant I will ever see! | Emma Lamb
Scots do like to drink... especially whisky! | Emma Lamb
Having a wee bit of fun with mirrors outside Camera Obscura. | Emma Lamb
Lots of patriotic Scots blue on the Castle Hill. | Emma Lamb
A true Scotsman... !? | Emma Lamb
Robert the Bruce and William Wallace... guarding Edinburgh castle's gate. | Emma Lamb
NEMO : ME : IMPUNE : LACESSIT | Emma Lamb
The end... :) | Emma Lamb

Well my lovelies, I do hope you enjoyed this wee tour and maybe I've even persuaded you to make a wee trip over here some time!? I know you will love it, Edinburgh is such a beautiful and inspiring city!

Now I'm off to get myself organised! I have a bunch of exciting things I'm working just now, which I will be able to tell you about very soon, but with the chaos that has been going on here lately I feel like I'm playing catch up just a wee bit too much. I need to get on top of things and get organised with lists, an organised calendar and a damn good tidy up wouldn't go amiss either, both my studio and computer desk are drowning in piles of chaos! Right then I had best get to it...

I hope you all have an amazing weekend!
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

8 comments

  1. I have enjoyed my virtual trip Emma..your a great tour guide..lovely photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma, loving your trip of Edinburgh! Me & the hubbie had a long weekend up there last year and it really is the most beautiful city. Also we found the best fudge shop ever; a cute little shop tucked down one of those clsssic little back streets - scrumptious was an understatement :) Hope you manage to get all your jobs done :) have a lovely bank holiday weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, I absolutely loved seeing every bit of the Mile. Years after my visit to Edinburgh, I still remember a delicious fish soup dinner at a tiny little restaurant down a narrow road off the Royal Mile. Wish I could remember its name as well as I remember how good the soup (more of a stew, actually) was.

    Best wishes on clearing the chaos...something I never quite manage to accomplish myself. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful trip, I do love the vintage bus :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so pleased to see that Braveheart is still outside the weaving mill!! ;)
    Have a great weekend Emma!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tour has definitely inspired me to add Edinburgh to my list of places to visit. It doesn't hurt that I love a man in a kilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, dear Emma, to bring back ones of my dearest memories:I was in Edinburgh, for a whole week, in....1994.And from then on I do love...Scottish!

    I will read and reread "the Royal Mile" posts and any other post of Edinburgh or Scotland!
    My best thoughts!
    Thank you!
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely memories when I saw your pictures. I got engaged to my husband in Edinburgh 3 years ago... I'd love to go back.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma