studio details : a keeper!

Hello my lovelies! I feel like I've gone AWOL these last couple of days. While it has been hot and humid here (very hot and humid for this wee part of the world, we so need a really good thunderstorm to freshen things up a bit, you know what I mean!?) I have been struck with a powerful crafty urge and just need to make things. Lots of things! The very first thing I felt I needed to finish was a fabby wee cushion just for me. Yeah, this one is a keeper...

my very own Copenhagen pillow, yay! | Emma Lamb

Yay, I have my very own Copenhagen pillow! I don't have a name for this wee lady yet but I am thinking I should call her Yvonne after the fabulous lady who designed the pattern. Yes, that is the lovely Yvonne of Yvestown!


my very own Copenhagen pillow, yay! | Emma Lamb
my very own Copenhagen pillow, yay! | Emma Lamb

I must admit to admiring her gorgeous pattern for such a long time while simultaneously dithering over the yarn I wanted to use. Do I want wool, or cotton, or maybe even the dreaded acrylic so I can bung it in the wash without worrying!? Okay, so definitely a 'no' to the acrylic... ;)
It wasn't until a couple of months ago after my Mam found me a huge stash of lovely discontinued cotton yarn that I had my eureka moment. Since then I have been pootling along working on an odd square here and there until I had enough to make the front of a wee cushion. All I had to do over the last couple of days was whip up a backing, stitch it together and trawl my substantial button stash for the smoothest and whitest mother of pearl I could find, et voila... Miss Yvonne!

my very own Copenhagen pillow, yay! | Emma Lamb
my very own Copenhagen pillow, yay! | Emma Lamb

Oh, and I love how perfectly she co-ordinates with my lovely clover pillow from this fabulous Etsy shop. I so wish I could have all the pillows in there too!

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

31 comments

  1. Hurrah for a keeper! It's a lovely one for sure. The red dots on the back are a super nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, I just love those colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!, beautiful colors together!

    bye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning. Great colors. I adore the left back one too.... Off to see if I can find that pattern. q

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice creation and they all together fit well. Lg Heike
    (sorry for me english)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pillows are gorgeous! Can you tell me if you used a smaller hook to make your Copenhagen version? I really love how your smaller blocks/motifs create a more dainty pillow. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! That pillow is gorgeous!!!! :) Absolutely love the colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, so simple yet so effective as my mother would say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shhhhh.... I prefer your pillow to the original...no-one heard that did they?! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not surprised you want to keep her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It turned out beautifully, Emma--love the color scheme :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pillow is amazing and I'm so flattered that you've called a pillow after me. Thank you so much xox Y

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgous - love these colors! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! it's gorgeous....all my fav colours....it just looks SOOOO crisp! I think I may be slightly jealous it's a keeper ;op

    if you're interested, there's a colour challenge on my blog {http://hellogorgeousdesign.blogspot.com/2011/08/colour-challenge-riverside.html} - first time I've thrown out a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That really is lovely :) Yet again you leave me wishing I could crochet, at all, you wield your hook so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Emma. it really is just fantastic! I love it. So fresh and happy :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Emma, I continue to be enchanted by just how many graphic possibilities crocheting can provide. Your new cushion is a prize-winner. Lovely colors, distributed to great effect.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. That new pillow is a masterpiece my dear! They all are! So lovely!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is the most gorgeous pillow I have ever seen! Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aye, that is a keeper! ;)
    Beautiful, Emma, loving the colours... I shall head over and have a look at Yvonne's pattern, and learn a few things :)

    Annabelle xx

    PS I have finished mine finally (photos soon) hurrah!
    PPS You're on with the Arcopal (and such) hunt/swap, now I just need to head back over to France with my thrifty hat on!
    PPPS (!) I see you now put copyright on all your pics since the copycat incident, wanted to talk to you about that but never enough time...
    PPPPS just kidding :P x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute pattern, but I prefer your use of colours. You have a very good eye for colour,my dear, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely sweet and adorable pillow!
    Thanks a lot for the link to pattern!

    Best wishes,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wowee, thank you so much everyone... !
    She is definitely a keeper and I can't reccommend the pattern highly enough. I used a 3mm hook and 4ply cotton for this pillow but this pattern will work with pretty much any hook and yarn you want to use so it would be great for a chunky blanket too... :)

    @ Miss Yvonne, I am so thrilled you approve! Thank you lovely lady... :)

    @ Miss Annabelle, it's a deal then... so when are you going back to France for a thrifty visit!? ;)
    Drop me a wee note whenever you like and I'll bring you up to date... :)

    I do hope each and every one of you has a fabulous weekend,
    Emma, x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful beautiful pillows! I'm forwarding your blog post to my mom, who is the big master-crocheter in our family :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your pillows are beautiful as always, and the colours do go perfectly with the clover one. Thankyou for the linky, lots of your lovely blog readers have been visiting my shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. such a lovely pillow-your colors are wonderful, as usual! i'm definitely going to check out that pattern-thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma