colour palette : vintage books

colour palette : vintage books, curated by Emma Lamb / photograph © emma lamb

Yay, it's Friday!
Although I'm not really sure why I'm getting excited for this Friday as I have so much work planned at the moment that I think my weeks are just going to roll together for a while. Oh well, maybe I can take a wee break to soak up some of the Edinburgh Festival fun. This weekend's forecast is for a very soggy one, yep true festival weather! So I am imagining lots of colourful rain coats instead of the sunny scenes from last year!

Anyhoo, today's palette. I was a wee bit stuck for inspiration this morning and wasn't really feeling the colour palette making spirit. But then the postman came a knocking a wee while ago and dropped the new season Cath Kidston catalogue through my letterbox. As I flipped through the pages the mere sight of all those piles upon piles of yummy vintage books got my creative juices flowing. I love all those earthy sun bleached colours with snippets of jewel tones for a wee pop of brightness. (I won't say this too loud just yet, but I'm really looking forward to all the autumn palettes and new season collections.... shhhh!)

Oh and I so want this Cath Kidston bag, I love that red... pinning!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

8 comments

  1. Ohh I love her stuff! and I love the color palette :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! And the hand-stitched cloth that the catalogue is resting on? So very pretty... makes me want to get my tiny needles and thread out. And order a perfect little pin cushion... ;)
    Have a happy weekend yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma I love color palettes like this!! Wonderful!!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    Come and enter my Amazing Giveaway from Dr Perricone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want about 10 of her bags!!!
    I heard you whisper! Not yet Emma, not yet!
    Go on you enjoy that wonderful Festival, wish I was!
    Happy weekend,
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow, Love that embroidery work, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is everything to love in that picture. I have to say that you do so well with color palettes that include soft, more muted hues. I need to learn from you to appreciate these more nuanced shades.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That`s a beautiful palette, and I love CK`s saddle bags, can`t live without them:) Happy weekend.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. great colour combo's. Mr posty has just dropped off my copy of the cath kidston magazine too..love it x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma