shoptalk: eeek!

Vogue, August 2011 | Emma Lamb

I have some super exciting news to share with you guys today! One of my lovely ladies is in the newest edition of Vogue!!! I know, I know, SO exciting!!! I got a wee e-mail a few weeks ago asking if I would like to have my work featured on one of their glossy pages. Hmmm, let me think... Yeah!!!


Ahem, don't get me wrong, this was no invitation to use my cushions as props in a photo shoot with Kate Moss draping her perfect body all across them. No. This was a lovely invitation to be included in their advertorial section, on a page titled 'Vogue's Vintage Collection'.

Vogue's Vintage Collection | Emma Lamb

It features a handpicked collection of boutiques and designer makers whose pieces are inspired by all things retro, vintage and shabby chic. Absolutely perfect for me and my lovely ladies then... ! No.6 up there is my lovely Miss Esme... eeek! ...and this is my name in Vogue... double eeek!!!

My name in print, in Vogue! | Emma Lamb

I can't tell you how excited I was when the magazine dropped through my letterbox yesterday morning... a wee bit anxious too, I must admit! I have never done an ad on this scale before, because my budget is so limited, so I have no idea what will come of it, but being in business is all about taking risks and trying things that might not work, right!? Surely being featured in the limited interiors section of one of the largest fashion magazines in the country is worth such a risk!? Surely out of their 1.1million readership someone is in desperate need of some granny chic goodness or a lovely flowery garland to adorn their abode!? I am keeping my fingers tightly crossed that it is and that there is hopefully more than one such person!

Well my lovelies my weekend starts here as my man has a few days off work and we have a big family 'do' to attend today, so I shall wish you guys the most wonderful one too and I'll catch up with you all next week.
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

45 comments

  1. That's brilliant Emma - I think you might just be run off your feet for the forseeable future (fingers crossed).

    Thanks also for your advice re my butterfly design - much appreciated.

    Mrs Monda
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant!! Would start to get those fingers working right now - ready for all the orders about to drop into your email box.
    May even buy a copy just to see it!
    P x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's wishing you some very nimble crochet fingers because I suspect you're going to get *lots* of orders :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations dear Emma! I'm so happy for you!
    hugs

    Ilaria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is so awesome Emma! Congratulations! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Biggest congratulations to you!!

    Maria xx
    www.cheekypinktulip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well congratulations, Vogue no less!! Absolutely worth the risk, I'm sure your crochet hooks will be on fire as a result. :)
    I noticed some Lady Carlisle china in the photos too, I still have mine, see Emma I don't throw everything away. ;)
    Have a brilliant weekend!!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic! Congratulations, it's lovely to see talented people get the recognition that they deserve!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I love your work and often look at your blog as well as stumbling across your work unexpectedly on etsy etc before realising its you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic! this doesn't surprise me one bit - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice one Emma - I am hap-hap-happy for you and hope that it will bring some orders and more recognition - excellent news xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WTF Miss Emma!!! That's amazing news... could we see one of your wee ladies adorning a celebrity home in the not too distant future I wonder ;) Sincerely hope this investment pays off, hugs L xxx (I just tried to post this or similar comment on Facebook twice, but it didn't show up so sorry if you get it twice :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. how brilliant, congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Emma! How exciting and very much deserved. They surely picked a beauty. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is fantastic .. I really think this will be beneficial ..vogue! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy cow, Emma!!! That is incredibly exciting! Congratulations! :D xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my oh my that is super exciting! well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cool, Emma! Those folks over at Vogue are very wise to have invited you to consider being part of their vintage page. This is bound to enlarge your growing fan club.

    Do relax those crocheting fingers over this long weekend. I think that you will be very busy very soon.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well deserved! You're work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh me oh my!!! This is just the happiest of happy news! I am so proud of you, and honestly blown away on your behalf! Emma, you are so talented, sweet, and frankly so totally worth more than being in Vogue....but I'm glad they finally noticed it too! May you be blessed by this feature richly in the weeks and months to come by Granny Chic thirsty customers in need of a little vintage goodness!
    :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic news! You must be over the moon with joy! I would! Maybe your business will take a total new path! Sometimes you need to take big steps, but that's life and its AWESOME! Well done. Have a good weekend. Carina x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations, Emma. Your crochet rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fan-blooming-tastic!! Wishing you all the luck in the world. Have a great weekend Kirsty :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow-that is so exciting! congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow, congratulations. You and your 'lady' deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is SO COOL! :) Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. woohoo ! congratulations !
    because you're worth it as the commercial says !!
    i feel all fuzzy to know i read & follow a celeb' blog ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations! That is very exciting. I look forward to looking for you in the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow, that's really exciting!! fingers crossed that there are many vogue readers wanting your divine work :)
    have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Emma that's really exciting for you - here's hoping it's a big springboard into the future - every home should have a Lamb crocheted piece in it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fantastic! Congratulations Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  34. How very very exciting. Well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congrats! That's something very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  36. How amazing! Great Job, Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congratulations Emma! What a wonderful feather for your crafty hat that is. I hope it leads to many more purchases. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. So happy for you ... and very much deserved - your work is perfect with adorable color combinations ... enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Omg, thank you so much everyone... !

    I am absolutely thrilled to be able to share such great news with you guys and I want to thank you all for your kind words and support... it really does mean so much to me, thank you!!!

    I hope all you lovelies have a fabulous day,
    Emma, x

    ReplyDelete
  40. congratulations! This is truly exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Emma, this is THE MOST exciting bit of news!!!!! VOGUE, for pete's sake! VOGUE!!!! How completely wonderful! Don't keep those fingers too tightly crossed- I have a feeling you'll be needing them for a spot of crochet...because you're in Vogue!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma