happy Friday!

Hello my lovelies and happy Friday to all my friends! It has been a strange week this week with all it's ups and downs, a bit of a roller coaster shall we say! But in this wee corner of blogland I much prefer to focus on the ups and share in all the things that truly make me happy.

Lillian cushion cover by Emma Lamb
-{ Miss Lillian }-

And today the thing that is truly making me happy is the hint of summer in the air, yay! It is only a hint mind you and I know it's not going to last long, but the clouds have parted slightly to let the sun shine though and I am appreciating every minute of it...


The other thing that has made me happy this week (which I knew it would!) was spending a few quality days in my wee studio. Singing along to a few of my favourite Josh Ritter tunes, drinking tea and nibbling chocolate, all the while finishing up a few ladies with wee tags and pretty buttons. Miss Lillian and Miss Luella have already found themselves a sunny spot in my shop window.

I also had a lovely custom order come through a couple of days ago, for this wee gold flower charm. The sweet and lovely person that ordered it is planning to use it as a shade pull in their own creative space. I love that, such a great idea! Talking of ideas I have lots of them tumbling about my head at the moment, a few new ones and some that I have been mulling over for a while, most of which I am itching to make a start on. So if this summer continues to be less than summery I'll be heading off into my wee studio as much as possible for some crafty therapy!

Luella cushion cover by Emma Lamb
-{ Miss Luella }-

Oh! Yes, there is another thing that is making me very happy this week - learning just how caring and supportive some of the wonderful people in our crafty community really are! You guys surprised me, but in such a great way and I am so thankful to you all!

I hope you all have the best weekend possible!
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

15 comments

  1. I admire your attitude, I think it's always best to focus on the positive too, and not let others get you down. And it certainly was nice to see some brief sunshine the past couple of days!
    Your two new ladies are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Lillian is gorgeous! There is nothing better than spending rainy days creating things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, I do like the look of your new crocheted ladies.

    Your positive view is an inspiration to me, and to others, too, I bet.

    Keep on exploring colors, textures, patterns, and have fun with it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to make one awesome shade pull!!! Your pillow just makes me smile all over, I love it, it's totally cute!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Chris :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you blog, it really brightens up my day between office, kids and routine... gives me something to get giddy about and aspire to when I pick up the crochet hook at the end of a long day (when I do!). Thanks and glad the sun is shining for you. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the creative therapy does the trick to cheer you up. Especially if you have so much craftiness on the mind! Love the little square Miss Luella cushion - really attractive little miss you've got there. Have a good weekend. Will pop back in next week. Carina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work Emma, as always!
    Have a great weekend. :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful summery weekend too my love... so glad you are seeing the positive side :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am your newest follower. Looking into your shop and reading the description that you love retro and vintage inspired crochet made me think this is the perfect blog for me! I love the custom shade pull, beautiful job. Please come visit me at my new blog, Ric Rac and Polka Dots. I'm brand new, but have lots of fun things planned to share. I hope to see you and your friends there!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those pillows! They are absolutely gorgeous!
    Also, I just saw Josh Ritter play last night at the Fitzgerald Theater in St. Paul, MN:
    http://fitzgeraldtheater.publicradio.org/events/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pillow. What beautiful colours!
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your crochet sooosoo much! Really pretty! Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the little summer flowers
    so cute
    enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cushions! I just love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow those pillows are awesome

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma