designer maker : grrl + dog

Occasionally I stumble upon an Etsy shop and immediately and completely fall head over heels for the gorgeous goodies therein. When this happens I suddenly go all secretive and kinda jealous. I love the items so much but worry about favouriting them or the lovely shop, just in case someone else comes along and buys up all those gorgeous goodies and then artist suddenly decides they don't want to make said goodies anymore and I will never get to see such beauty again! Yeah, I know that's a daft and messed up way of thinking... That's why today I am (reluctantly) sharing grrl + dog's stunning vintage fabric softies...

vintage fabric softies by grrl + dog

Denise Litchfield's is the incredible talent and stitchery obsessed artist behind grrl + dog, who crafts these beautiful softies...

"I adore vintage fabric and buttons. I hoard old lace. My hand embroidered primitive softies emerge from the 1930's and 1940's using rescued fabric and feedsack.
Over many hours of hand stitching, they tell me stories of who they were.. running in open fields, gathering daisies or stirring a pot while the kettle whisltes softly. They speak of a time when things were honest and made to last."


Denise then stitches and patches these stories into new characters that have their own wee story to tell... I love that! In fact , just love everything about them ~ the embroidery, vintage fabric combinations, gorgeous colours, their shapes and faces and even the way they have been photographed and styled.

vintage fabric softies by grrl + dog

In addition to her Etsy shop, grrl + dog also has a great website and blog where you can find out more about these vintage fabric softies and Denise's guerrilla knitting... :)

Wishing you all a sunny day,
Emma, x

10 comments :

  1. Love this find, Emma! Really glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. grrl + dog's been one of my favorites for awhile, but i haven't seen the website -such original and interesting work!
    thanks for sharing the links...off to check that out now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, these are so cute. I also like the idea how eco friendly such nice things can be using all that vintage fabric.

    http://ascentofrosewood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are so adorable...and clever, too! I will go visit the shop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! They make me smile! They are just too cute, with all the details on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, they're lovely! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing, these are great, I sometimes get the same crazy non sharing joy about things! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh , I love this !
    Sweet vintage colors .
    Love ♥RINI♥

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Wishing you a fabulous day!
Emma, x