pattern crush : Free Spirit Fabrics

Hopscotch fabric by Erin McMorris | Emma Lamb

I snapped up this delicious wee floral print from my local department store a few days ago because I instantly fell head over heels for it's fabulous retro, granny chic vibe. The design is 'Hopscotch' in the 'butter' colourway and is from the 'Weekends' collection designed by Erin McMorris for Free Spirit.


After discovering this wee beauty I hopped on over to the Free Spirit site only to discover a huge pile of yet more delicious prints to covet. Although it is tough for me to justify buying yet more fabric when I already have piles upon piles of it laying around here, barely any of it getting used since I stopped textile designing... Hmmm, methinks I'm in need of a crafty fabric adventure... or maybe a swift clear out with a car boot sale, because I so want these fabrics... ;)

Free Spirit fabrics | Emma Lamb
Free Spirit fabrics | Emma Lamb
Top row: Greenfield Hill Voile by Denyse Schmidt, middle row: Jenaveve Linen by Valori Wells, bottom row: Aviary 2 by Joel Dewberry.

I hope you all have a fabulous day,
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

10 comments

  1. i have that erin mcmorris fabric too! she is so great! loving that denyse schmidt collection, it's beautiful, i'm going to have to get my hands on some :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, that Denyse Schmidt collection is top of my shopping list too... so lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I'm drooling they are such gorgeous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Denyse Schmidt voiles. I looked at the site but I don't see where they can be purchased. Do you know where you can get them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet colors!!! Love the flower pattern
    Chris :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're just fabulous! Thanks for the link Emma :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Louis... I've had trouble finding a supplier with the whole range even with a Google search. But I did find Denyse Schmidt's website and the page for this collection is here ~ http://www.dsquilts.com/fabric_and_patterns.asp?PageID=203&ImageID=528#
    It looks like she only sells fat quarter bundles for quilting on there, maybe you could drop her a wee note for more advice... ?
    Emma, x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Emma - will do. Absolutely love the patterns and if I can get voile - my favourite...

    ReplyDelete
  9. waw,, It's very pretty and beautiful,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma