studio details : thrifty finds

My latest thrifty find, a fabulous Arcopal Scania glass jug! | Emma Lamb

Hi guys! So yesterday's wild winds reached a destructive 100mph across Scotland. So far there has only been one report of a casualty due to a fallen tree, which is incredible considering the number of trees that have been uprooted or literally ripped apart by the force of the winds. You can see what I mean from some of the pictures in this gallery. Thankfully things have been a wee bit calmer today with lighter winds and not much rain to speak of. Apart from a few large fallen branches I haven't seen much damage around our part of the city. Hopefully the forecast will improve over the next few days... and then our worries can turn to yet another Icelandic volcanic ash cloud that is heading our way. Crazy! Anyhoo, I though you might like a wee peek at a couple of thrifty finds I picked up this weekend...


The first is this delicious, granny chic jug I spied in a local charity shop window. Can you believe I almost didn't bring her home because of the £5 price tag!? I dithered over her for far longer than the lovely lady in the shop wanted me to. But in the end I decided she was far too pretty not to bring home and after a good scrub up this lovely is now sitting in my fridge doing a perfect job of keeping my lemon water chilled.

My latest thrifty find, a fabulous Arcopal Scania glass jug! | Emma Lamb
My two favourite depression glass plates! | Emma Lamb

The other find that I am most chuffed with is this yummy mint glass bowl that was waiting just for me at a flea market in the old Drill Hall, Dalmeny Street. This lovely lady cost me the grand sum of £1, bargain! So now I have a lovely pair of perfectly granny chic glass bowls that I'm finding deliciously photogenic. I am completely in love with the shapes and textures in this glass...

My salmon pink depression glass plate! | Emma Lamb
My latest thrifty find, a mint coloured depression glass plate! | Emma Lamb
My salmon pink depression glass plate! | Emma Lamb
My latest thrifty find, a mint coloured depression glass plate! | Emma Lamb

Btw, if you're in Edinburgh the next flea market will be on Saturday 18th June at the Drill Hall. It's free entry and there are some great stalls with some great vintage finds - furniture, knick-knacks, linens and lots of vintage clothes too... so be prepared to leave with armfuls of goodies!

Have a great day my lovelies,
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

16 comments

  1. I have that jug too :) Isn't it lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bowls are delicious, I love them. What a bargain for only £1
    emma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what great finds! You are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are absolutely beautiful!love the colors!!
    stay safe from the winds and ash-we've had crazy storms here too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great finds! I love that little jug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That jug is just gorgeous..! I want one! :) I never seem to find very many nice things in charity shops, maybe your ones are just better than mine..!

    Ashley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why is it I love looking at other peoples charity/thrift/op shop finds?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The jug is lovely indeed, and your photos of the glass bowls are fantastic! Love those colors, too.

    There have been lots of tornados over here across the pond. It's a wild Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read about the amazing high winds there in Scotland as of late. Be safe! Phew!

    And what lovely treasures. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo such beautiful finds! that jug is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. the bowls! oh my! they are super beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello my lovelies, thank you so much for all the love for my thrifty glass finds, I am now eagerly awaiting the next flea market and maybe another thrifty bargin... :)

    Oh, and I thought you might like to know a wee bit mote about that pretty jug up there... The lovely Polly, of Folly&Glee, left me a wee note over on my Flickr pages to tell me that the jug is by a French company called 'Arcopal' and is their equivalent of Pyrex. Oh and according to this link ~ http://www.flickr.com/photos/nanaodile/5726304603/in/pool-1696782@N23/ ~ on Flickr, the pattern is called 'Scania'... So if you're like Ashley (and me most of the time!) with rubbish charity shops you now know what to go a searching for over on Etsy and Ebay... ;)

    A great day to you all,
    Emma, x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I lurve your jug Emma. I love your little dishes too such yummy colours and such a good bargain. Glad you didn't get blown away and hopefully you won't get covered in volcano ash when you venture out LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely jug! Also loving your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What brilliant finds, I am very jealous!
    Just discovered your blog- it is super! Emma x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma