colour palette : little bo peach

colour palette : little bo peach curated by Emma Lamb
Image credits: 1. Sonnet : Alicia Bock, 2. untitled : sarah-wynne, 3. Parasol Stole : Derya Davenport (via Ravelry), 4. untitled : tetsu-FMR

Hi guys!

Today I'm busy pondering a new colour theme for this wee blog. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love these vintage brights as they were inspired by one of my very favourite colour palette posts - 'retro fabulous'. It's just that sometimes I feel they can overwhelm some of the lovely images I blog, they can be a wee bit distracting at times. Of course that will be completely irrelevant to you if follow my post feed rather than dropping by this wee space personally! But I mooch around here daily and quite fancy a wee bit of a change, something a touch more muted and calm, but still with a vintage girly charm. Exactly the inspiration behind today's palette. I'm really loving the far left column with that lovely grey, deep rose pink and beige and the combination in the bottom row is very lovely too. Hmmm, I think a wee bit of Photoshop pottering is in order! I might stop by later to ask your opinion...

Wishing you all the most fabulous Friday,
Emma, x

edited to add - Okay, so I have pottered and played, tweaked and tweaked again and I think I'm happy with this softer palette of these grown up pastels. Just a wee bit vintage and a wee bit girly, but overall looking very calm and pretty. What do you think, do you like them?

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

12 comments

  1. Hi Emma,

    Thank you for today's post ! I love the blossoms image ( top left ). I saw it and then looked up at your lovely crochet flower hanging above my computer, and was again reminded of our conversation at the selvedge fair. Yes I am one of those 'blog lurkes' who read your bog and admire your lovely work but don't leave a comment. !!! So here it is my first comment.

    I understand a need for change on the colours. It is nice have a different feel and look. I am sure you will make great choice.

    best,Pagette

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these colors! chocolatey browns and dusty roses-beautiful :)can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just bought some lovely new peach linen yarn, I am so into peach at the minute!! Love this palette. :)
    Happy Friday and have a great weekend!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. your color stories are a favorite blog post of mine... thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful color set! I love peachy pinks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thank you so much you lovely ladies, I'm pleased you like this palette too... :) I had fun this afternoon working them into this wee blog and after much tweaking and twiddling I think I'm very happy with the result! Hopefully I will still like it in a few days and won't want to change after next weeks Friday palette... ;) I'd love to know what do you guys think?

    Pgette ~ Yay! Thank you for de-lurking, it's so nice to 'meet' you here in the comments too... :) I hope you're liking the 'new look' too... !?

    Have a fabulous weekend you guys,
    Emma, x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love this color - so soft and pretty. Alicia Bock's images are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely colour pallet, would be so nice as wedding colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new colour pallet, soft and vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Just surfing around, looking for some great pot holders to a project I'm working at, finding your stuff, I just love them, all of them!
    HS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks again my lovelies,

    I haven't looked at my wee blog since Friday so that I could get a fresh take on the new colour styling this morning... and do you know wht!? I still love it! So I gues it will be staying for a wee while... :)

    Emma, x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma